Home

Problems trying to play multiplayer

Bibbity

Hello everyone, every time I join a multiplayer game in jedi knight. Whether it is via http://www.zone.com or through the multiplayer option in JKII the same thing happens once I join the game. I will be able to run around for a good 5 or so seconds and then it will say "Connection Interrupted." I have DSL and my ping remains about 30 or so. I can still read/see everything that is going on as well as type to everyone. I was just wondering if there is something I can do to fix this problem because I would really like to play. =) I have a router with my DSL with a built in firewall if that helps anyone. *shrugs* any advice is helpful! =)

Well, chances are either a) your DSL isn't very reliable or b) said connection does not allow the kind of bandwidth that JK2 is wanting. That said, I've seen the problem you're talking about.... and usually just rejoining the server has fixed it for me. However, try setting your "Connection Speed" on the Zone or inside JK2 to 56k; that may force the game to a lower bandwidth and fix your problem.

If it doesn't, just try a different server; some of them do this to you by themselves. :rolleyes:

Archived