Home

Version 1.04 (Cl_ParsePacketEntiti: End of Message)

levelofdetail

I think I had something like that after I have installed a firewall. I cant remember the error, but I will post again if I get that error the next time. I am not so sure if this is a new feature brought to us by 1.04. Because I went to 1.04 before I installed the firewall.

Ditto 2 u all...

It's F****ing frustraiting!!!!!

I tried only 2 connect 2 servers that allows downloading... But,

after it tries 2 download something it disconnects..w/ the message error..

When I do connect... @ 2 min. in2 the game...disconnects w/ message error..

I can create my own server... but playing w/ myself?.. but, U all knows how that goes......

Something 2 do with connection not reading something... Always when U think it will 2.....

I guess we have 2 wait... 4 a patch or fix...

=============

here my 1.04 and 1.03 solution..

B4 updating.. 2 1.04 Copy !.03 folder and rename it (JKII or something)..

When U update 2 1.04 ....go2 Megagames.com get the No-Cd crack....

.... Now u can try 1.04...... sometimes 2 C if it connects...

.... If not.. U will have good O' 1.03 2 play.....

I'll keep checking if there's a fix.... I'll probably find it in some other stupid off the wall thread.... I'll post reply if I do....

C-YA!!! :usa:

Unfortunately I still dont have a solution. As I said above this effect appeared after implementing a firewall. But I saw it only on some servers. I have now reconfigured my firewall, and now I did not see it again. This could be just coincidence. I read in the manual of my router, that if you run quake you need to implement network adresss translation (NAT). You know that its the same engine. Well I couldnt find out exactly what. So I just mapped the ports between 28000 and 29000 to the machine in the local LAN where I run the JK2 client that connects via router to the servers in the internet.

So I wonder if you guys use such an infrastructure too. How do you connect to the internet?

I found also some threds in the dedic. server section:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56679

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66491

It may be that this is a 1.04 feature, since it has something to do with the connection between server and client. As you know in 1.04 they have introduced a new network protocol (Version 16).

Please post some more info about the way you connect your client to the server (router?, DSL?, ...). So we can find out whats all about.

Originally posted by zider

I also have this problem, and it started after installing v1.04. I can load and play maps, but the error shows when ever I die or kill someone.

I had this error again. And I believe now it is another "feature" brought to us by 1.04, which I'd like to miss. As I said earlier Raven did invent a new network-protocol (Verion 16). Sometimes I wish they would not be that inventive. I cant find any documentation on this. Futhermore I noticed that the avarage ping went up also.

Using ISDN(64kbit/s) it is allmost not possible to play online anymore.

p.s.: NO, I DONT USE A CD-COPY OR A NON-CD-PATCH!

I have Win XP Pro, 512MB DDR Ram, GeForce 3 Ti 200, Duron 800 CPU, & all the latest drivers, etc.

I've been getting the CL_ParsePAcket Entities error only since the v1.04 patch as well. I haven't bothered to even play internet games at all yet. The problem happens to me even when I fire up an FFA to play against some bots. I found the problem went away as soon as I took out all of the mods and extra downloaded pk3 files I had in my base folder. This is still unacceptable though. I like watching Maul & Qui-Gon fight it out in the Ep1 duel FFA map.

Harro.

Originally posted by pakmannen

i get this to!

after like 10 seconds of play or so this comes up and crashes the game!

it came after i installed 1.04..

this is very annoying, i can't play multiplayer anymore.. does anyone knows how to fix this???

U get it after 10 sec I get it after around 1-5minutes. I cant download anything either.

I wonder if there will be a 1.5? Shout hope so.....

One way you get this error is if you are playing the game with a multiplayer No-CD patch or Warez rip. If you are, either use something to copy the CD to your hard drive so you need not the CD to play the game (such as Clone CD), or, go out and support JK II by purhcasing the game because it is worth the 39$ or whaever it costs now.

-Mix Master

this sux i get this problem no matter what i try and do. whether its an old or new patch or i try a differnt crack or i try the so called fix. I even updated my network drivers but that didnt work. So can some extremeley talented person work out a way to fix this as its f'ing annoying.:mad:

"ive supported" jk2. i bought the game and installed. Then updated. It still does this. I know its not my cable as i play ALOT of other online games that require the same if not more bandwith.

So please dont tell me that its not a REAL cd. Ive still got the freaking reciept. Ive only EVER used the CD installed and didnt steal/borrow/burn JK2.

Now does anyone have a REAL answer other then buy the game.

Thank you

Originally posted by Lichwolf

"ive supported" jk2. i bought the game and installed. Then updated. It still does this. I know its not my cable as i play ALOT of other online games that require the same if not more bandwith.

So please dont tell me that its not a REAL cd. Ive still got the freaking reciept. Ive only EVER used the CD installed and didnt steal/borrow/burn JK2.

Now does anyone have a REAL answer other then buy the game.

Thank you

Listen pal, All I said is that its one of the ways you can get that error message. I never said that you stole/borrowed/burnt JK2, I was simply stating the facts. IF you do have the reciept and it is a leagal CD, have you ever thought of calling the number on the back of the box? Don't go off flamin other people especially when you ask for help. Now either contact your vendor or technical support, or don't play the game. I have my share of JK 2 problems and I thank everyone who helps to try to figure out the problem (even if its not my case/scenario) The community doesn't need your grief.

-Mix Master

MixMaster i wasnt flameing you.

however i can read. I read half the posts that state "buy the game." What about those of us that actually bought the game and have the same issue. I dont understand why people immediatly say buy the game. yet have no other words of help.

If i was flameing you or anyone else youd definatly know it. However thats not my intent. I just woud like a REAL answer other then the real quick and easy... buy the game.

Its frustrating for those of us that bought it and are recieving this error.

Has anyone found an answer to this yet.

I also have the CL_ParsePacketEntities error and I can not go online for any longer than 5 mins at a time if I am lucky.

Are we expecting an update to clear this up??

Any news would be something... :(

CC.

Archived