Home

Binding 2 keys in a script

Hambo

Is it possible to bind two different keys to do exactly the same thing in a script?

What I am trying to do is make a script which when I press either 'L' or 'mouse3' it will change my saber stance and my skin and saber colour to match.

Can it be done?

Currently I am using 2 scripts, one for the bind 'L' and one for 'mouse3', the problem with this is that the skins and saber colour are occasionally with the wrong stance, depending on which button I press.

The 2 scripts I use are called 'reborn1' and 'reborn2'

Here they are.

Reborn1

//start script

set change1 "color1 4; model reborn/acrobat 1; saberattackcycle;; bind mouse3 vstr change2"

set change2 "color1 2; model reborn 2; saberattackcycle ;; bind mouse3 vstr change3"

set change3 "color1 0; model reborn/forceuser 3; saberattackcycle ;; bind mouse3 vstr change1"

bind mouse3 vstr change1

//end script

Reborn2

//start script

set reborn1 "color1 4; model reborn/acrobat 1; saberattackcycle;; bind l vstr reborn2"

set reborn2 "color1 2; model reborn 2; saberattackcycle ;; bind l vstr reborn3"

set reborn3 "color1 0; model reborn/forceuser 3; saberattackcycle ;; bind l vstr reborn1"

bind l vstr reborn1

//end script

Is there a way I can reduce this to one script and make it so both keys will do the exact same thing?

Thankyou :)

Multifunctional binds are basic binds but set to execute more then one command, this could be useful for changing more then one setting on a sever at once or kicking all the bots out of your game without having to vote for each one.

Here is an example of a multifunctional bind.

]/bind = kick bill;kick ben;kick ryan

The ; key tells the JK2 engine that the command that follows it is a new command.

Hope that helps...

Archived