Home

import/export plugins for max 3.1?

delquar

they dont exist, do they?

Not my good day today. I downloaded jk2editingtools2 to find out they're only an update and i need the first version of the tools to get the model viewer/compiler programs and the plugins, so i downloaded jk2editingtools. Now i nicely have all the tools for the game, a neo model for the game in a quite advanced stage of modeling and no import/export plugins for 3d studio 3.1 wich i still use, and that means i cant import root.xsi to my model so i wont be able to continue on with it if i dont get a solution :(

I've though maybe someone can send me a .max file with the root.xsi already imported (if that works) so i can use it on my model. ( marcel1@teleline.es ;) )

note: i've tried using the plugins but they wont work as they use code specific of max 4

I have been looking for Max3 XSI Importers/Exporters

for LOOOONG time... NO LUCK!

What i have found is XSI importer which say that

importing is disabled in this version of this plugin

and i have found XSI exporter which can export

to XSI but it can't include any geometry...

afraid so man....max4 is the only one that'll do it, hell max3 and gmax are almost horribly out of date now (max5 has been announced already)

as a result, max4 should be on the cheap soon....ive even seen a deal from discreet that promises a free upgrade to max5 with the purchase of max4 from them

although i dont like it, there are many places you can get max4, say no more

Archived