Home

Chpping Up Mods

ShaggyJedi

Hola,

Is there a way to take certain aspects of a mod and use them seperately?

EG, extract the RGB portion from the "Fan's Version" and use it on it's own? (have it as it's own PK3)

Also, is it plausible that a launcher sorta thing could be made that lists all the skins/sabers/mods and you choose which ones to load up? EG, say you want to play with the Anakin Saber, with a silver blade, plus whatever else... without having to import the saber PK3 manually...? It's not such a big deal, it just seems like a good idea.

As an extention of this, could you use two mods at once? EG, the extracted RGB mod, plus JediStyle or something...?

Thanks for your help

you really shouldnt "chop up" someone else's work without their permission, but yeah it is possible

like the rgb thing in the fan mod is a standalone mod (some mod makers combine their things like that)

basically if you want to nitpick different aspects of mods, you should ask the mod makers if you can use those things in your mod, then put them all in your own mod

Just to clarify - all this stuff i'm asking is completely for my own use, i'm not planning on releasing (even MAKING) any of my own mods. It's all just so i can screw around with my games. =) I understand, however, that various people have done great things and put in a lot of hard work, and i don't want to discredit them at all. Great work guys *thumbs up* :D

george - so you're sayin that the RGB thing is ALREADY a standalone thing? I serached arond for it but had no luck... is it on the jediknightii.net server?

I must admit, i had a bit of a "boys look" (the one where you stand in the doorway, do a quick once-over of the room and decide that you can't find it) hehe...

Archived