Home

lots of vertexes !why!

tichio

I am relatively new to modeling and made a saber in a copy of 3D studio max borrowed off a friend.

I then had to export it to a 3ds file, import it to milkshape 3D, export it as an md3 file, and then open it in md3view and export to GLM.

however when I try to open it in the glm viewer, if complains of having over 1000 (about 1020) vertexes. In milkshape it has 579 vertexes.

I know I have taken a round about route to my final product which probably does not help but if anyone could shed any light on this problem it would be apreciated.

I have finaly worked out what is happening, if I export the model, which has 996 vertexes, without the UVW mapping, it works fine.

However if I do the UVW mapping and do the exporting etc then I get a model with 2002 vertexes in the GLM viewer.

Please if any one can help me it would be apreciated as I have quite a cool saber but due to this it has to be reduced, basicaly. to a cylinder to work!

sorry to go on but could someone please help me with this, it is so frustration having an answer and not knowing what it means, so to anyone who is reading this please help me as due to this problem I can not make a saber that goes beyond a basic cylinder.

If this behaviour of the vertexes is normal someone please tell me, so I can get on with my moddeling.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. So please?

Archived