Home

Battle droid v0.9 ready for release.

MacD

Well, I feel I've done enough on this model to make a first release. This version has rudimentary skins, one sound and no LOD's. Also the hands could use a slight tweak on some animations, but will do for now :)

Here's some pics:

Unfortunately I can only ftp this file (my mailbox doesn't mail files larger than 1mb; this one is 1.9mb), and I can't host it on netfirms (no files>256k :( ), so I'm kind of stuck.

Does anyone have the @dresses of jk2files and jediknightii, as they also seem to be down at the moment...I would like to get my model out there...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, -Chrono_MOT- and bobafett101! Check your mail :)

I've discovered that the filesize I could send depended on the amount of msgs I had in the in box...so I backed them up and can now send files up to 2mb...hmmm, that means less detailed skins, or v1.0 won't fit ;)

Anyway, the upshot of this is that I've sent the file off to -Chrono_MOT-, bobafett101 and jk2files...but it will probably be a while till jk2files gets it up :/ And jediknightii still is down, so posting it there will have to wait for a while.

BTW, does anyone know of a wav to mp3 converter that actually works?

Xyphox: thanks for testing that! It just gets me that to get the glm compiled, I have to use tga's, otherwise I get errors out the gazzoo, but to use it ingame, I have to use jpgs...although this does explain why I saw jarjar's glm referencing to tga's while he had jpg's in his pk3 :)

As for the sounds...I did add one custom sound, but apparently that didn't work :/

ALIEN_JL: Thanks for sorting that out! But I see you're using .wav's and mp3's. I thought jk2 only took mp3's? How's that work? Anyway, I would've thought that that one sound I added should've worked...hmmmm.

Also, where did you find those sounds? I looked all over, could only find a couple of wavs I couldn't convert to mp3 [got a good one for "you're under arrest", though]...I thought I would have to buy TPM dvd and rip the sounds from there :)

Now to the big question: ALIEN_JL, could I use those sounds for v1.0? I'd give you full credit for the sounds (duh, 's not like I'm TruWeedfscker :) )...it would make the model so much more complete. I'll pm you about this too.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming. Constructive critisism is always appreciated! I want v1.0 to be as complete as possible, and as sweet as can be. Although LOD's will have to wait until 1.1 :)

Huh? I just posted a real long answer, but it didn't register?

Anyways: Xyphox: thanks for covering that! It just gets me that when compiling the glm, I need to use tga's, but when using it ingame I apparently have to use jpgs...although it does explain the fact that jarjar's glm references to tga's, but the pk3 has only jpgs.

ALIEN_JL: wow, where did you get those sounds? I've been looking and asking all over for that kind of thing. I only found six wavs of which 5 I couldn't convert :/ I was afraid I'd have to get TPM and rip the sounds myself :) But one thing I don't get; you've got wavs and mp3's mixed, and I thought jk2 only used mp3's?

Also, can I use those sounds for version 1.0? I'd give you full credit (duh :) ). Good sounds complete a good model :)

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, fixes and help. Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

BTW: the way everyone here has and is helping out gives me good feelings :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Odd, that...I just plunk in the pk3, start a multiplayer map and off I go. I've also tested it with my jk2/gamedata/... ...players/roger moved to another directory, to see if jk2 was getting the model info from there. It still worked.

Bobbafett101, you got it to work? Did you notice anything which could cause this?

Archived