Home

1.04 Problems !!! Help! - voodoo 3500 & win2k

T0XiN

Here's my situation...

I couldn't play JK2 till the 1.03 patch came out (because of the dual athlon problem).. 1.03 finally came out .. I had some driver/problems but got them fixed (thanks to ppl in the forums! :) ) but now 1.04 is not working for me !?!.. and its behaving like 1.03 did when i had video problems...

I have a 3dfx voodoo 3500 in win2k and the game was crashing in 1.03 till I used some of the original 3dfx drivers (labeled beta) + an OpenGl driver (opengl32.dll) someone had posted and packaged in a "wkgl499.zip"

That setup worked great most of the time in 1.03 !!! (although sometimes if I had problems I had to start JK2 in safe mode.. then I could switch to better display reconfigure controls etc.)

Now with 1.04 I'm getting the same thing I did with 1.03 before I had those drivers.... I get the 3DFX logo .. then it goes away and I just sit a black screen. I can't switch out to my desktop or other programs or in fact do anything but reboot my computer.

My friend had the idea of installing the 1.04 patch then copying back the 1.03 exe (jk2mp.exe).. This worked... well I could start the game anyway.. but can't see or join 1.04 servers .. doh!

Anyone have any ideas? suggestions? please help!

- stuck in jk2mp..exe 1.03 :(

dual athlon 1800 mp's

3dfx voodooo 3500

sb live value

512mb RAM

Win2K SP2

Archived