Home

multiplayer auto team switching problem

pr0ph3t

Hello!

I know there is probably a good reason for the game to do this, but it drives me crazy. Why is it, in multiplayer games, after a game ends, or you switch to a new map, the players are assigned to new teams? Is there a way to turn this "feature" off?

thanks!

Ok, try turning off "Even Teams". My guess is that the even teams function works based only on the current number of players. As such, when you start new map, player "rejoin" as they finish loading the map. So, basically, it's just due to "even teams" function lacking a "memory" of the teams on the last map. :)

Nogo. I always keep "Even Teams" set to "No". I just tested it (to be sure) with no luck. I wonder if this gets reset after the first match. I wonder if there is a cvar that controls this. I'll do some more playin' around. I also just email lucasarts tech support. I don't have high hopes, but maybe they have an answer.

I don't see this behavior in Quake 3 Arena. It has to be configurable. Thanks for your persitance. I'll let you know if I stumble across the solution...

Archived