Home

Mods

Jessi

Kind of a silly question, but how exactly do mods work in jkii?

For example, JediMod is quite simple, it's just like any other FPS game...install it...load it..play it... However, what about the saber mods and saber blade changing mods that are in the files section? Are they simply models, or does the server had to have it installed if you want to change your blade to for example the thin one. If not, then what exactly do you do with the file in order for it to do so, and then how do you activate it? I'm probably naive, but I've spent about an hour now scouring the forums without any luck in finding something that explains it.

If I'm being too vague or I'm not explaining what I'm asking, just tell me and I'll see if I can say it better in the morning when I'm not half asleep. And I apologize in advance for being so blindly ignorant for something that is probably right in my face :)

~Jess

The extra sabers blades just change the way it looks from your persphecive. it doesn't change the feel or damage of the blade and it is only different on your computer. Same thing applies to the saber hilts.

According to Dest, with his new JediMod 1.1, you can actually dynamically switch saber hilts in multiplayer. Meaning everyone will have a different blade in multiplayer and be able to see the difference between players (assuming you all have the same saber hilts d/led.) This basically makes the hilts behave just like the player models.

oh, I forgot to mention installations. For the blades you just put the pk3 file into the gameData\base directory. As for hilts I dont know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. The hilt / blade will auto load when ever you play JK2. to stop it from auto-loading just remove the file from the base directory.

you can make any mod a self-installing mod.

To do this, first take the files that you would usually place in your

base folder, for instance a saberhilt.pk3.

Take that and put it in a folder name "saberhilt" or whichever

and put that in your main folder, not base.

Then go to mods and load saberhilt and you will have that

saber now.

See this helps if you only want to use a custom saber every

now and then and want the default, or another saber to always

be there when you start a game without loading mods :D

Wow, thanx for such a quick response :). So the only thing which the server has to have installed in order to use is total conversion mods? Saber hilts, blades, player models, etc don't have to then... Thanx again :D

Also, razorace, you mentioned that in Jedimod you could see other peoples custom sabers if you have them downloaded and isntalled... To install them but not USE them, all you have to do is do what darth maul said, make a seperate folder to put the pk3 in? So if you had many sabers or models you've downloaded, just put them in deperate folders and you can pick which one you want to use when you start the game up?

~Jess

Well, I'm not 100% about the folder installation like Maul mentioned. It works for some mods but I don;t know if it works for ALL mods. I normally just put them in the base dir to test them. :) I'll try messing with it and see if it applies to ALL mods. I have no clue if this works for hilts and player models. I think it does but I'm not sure like I said before. Try it and see. :D

files that you wish to load each time should be placed in the base directory, like skins, models, maps and sabres

mods should be placed in individual folders in the GAMEDATA directory. if more than 1 mod is placed at the base folder, they will interfere with each other and can mess up the game.

Archived