Home

Battle Droid crashes game

Kevlar

Yup, locks up JK2 on me as well, though only in single player.

I did some experimenting, and pulled out just the model's files and tried to add those to my own personal mod, and it seems to be the model itself that causes the lockup.

Tried using it in Multiplayer, it does work there, though unless you use one of the 'fixed' files which can be found in this model's thread a little further down in these forums, you get no icon so cannot pick the model without using the command 'model roger' at the console.

I have no idea why this model locks up if used in SP. Something strange here, since I've yet to have someone's model not work when used in this fashion. (My own personal SP 'mod' has around 20 of the best models here added into it currently).

I hope the model's author takes a hard look at this issue, as I would think completion of a nice Episode 1/2 mod/TC would hinge around the ability to get a working battledroid into the game.

Looking further down the forums, there does seem to be another battledroid model in the works, and it looks great, so guess it's time to wait and see what happens.

Idaho

I don't know if it works in SP or not but....

From Readme...

"Description: A battle droid. What more do you need to know?

This is a version 0.95 release of my >>>multiplayer<<< battle

droid. It's only got the one default skin. Only one sound is

replaced. No LOD's........."

And if you guys must load it with console command then you

must have older version of it....

yeah, i downloaded the battle droid (which crashed the game) dooku, and the sarlaac level and it did some WIERD #### to my computer, either i get a bad harddrive in the middle of the game and it deletes all the files from the JKII folder and other stuff, or one of those files has a virus so to other people just be cautious

Originally posted by Bell

hi i just read in another thread that the reason is the icon_default is not the right size, so if you resave it as the right size it should work, i'm gonna try it now.

Any luck with this Bell?? I'd like to be able to use this model, and if it's as simple as resizing the icon I wanna know about it.....

Also, could you include the correct size? Thanks. :)

Heh...it is something to do with the icon_default.jpg, but it's not the size. It's the compression. The icon_default.jpg has to have standard baseline compression instead of progressive compression. I thought I had fixed this (all the textures are standard), but I'd missed the icon_default.jpg :(

You can convert it yourself or download roger v0.96 when the sites put it up.

And allthough it does crash jk2, it doesn't do anything else. After reading ep2 Anakin posts, I got paranoid and scanned everything (even though nothing had happened to me); all clear. ep2 Anakin's HD just wasn't having it's day :).

Still gives me the same problem in single player, tried to replace the stormtrooper just as I'd done before. Game will crash when trying to start a new game.

Funny, I've changed just about every model in the game now, only kept maybe 3 or 4 of it's original models, none of these have given me any problem.

What a shame, too. I was really looking forward to hacking up some battledroids.

Idaho

So were most of the other models I've used, MacD, your's is the first "MP" model I haven't been able to convert to SP. Dunno what to tell you, but something's not quite right...but then, I guess thats not surprising.

Major suggestiong: Noted that the sounds are all scroobed, you need to resample them to 44khz/16bit/mono, (try using Cooledit or something), convert them to MP3's, (Audiocatalyst would be a good choice), until you do this, most of them won't be used at all. (I did this for myself, but then found the model STILL locked up SP when added Roger to replace my stormtroopers).

I did take a look at that comments thread on JK2Files.com, I didn't see any 'fixes' there that you didn't specifically say were already addressed in your v096 version (namely that icon being saved in the incorrect format), so no help there.

I'll just wait for one of the other models, I guess. It is a shame, however, since from what I can see, your model does look sweet.

Idaho

Archived