Home

Bug List

Darth Windu

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

The only problem i see is that if a wall is right next to them and a turret is right behind the wall firing at the unit, it will auto attack the wall. Windu, its no bug, like Kryllith said, just the unit ai. Get over it.

True, though I'd have it set up so that if the turret was also in range then it was attack the turret rather than the wall. I'd probably have it set up to attack the closest thing, but I'd set up a level of importance for attacking. So it will attack units/buildings before walls, even if the wall is the closest thing to it. Of course, sometimes it has problems hitting turrets if there are walls in front of it. Maybe there should be some mathematical upgrade (Advance Trajectory?) which will make artillery better at firing over walls...

Kryllith

Originally posted by Darth Windu

go and play republic mission 5, and then tell me that artillery should fire at walls. As i said before, if i wanted my artillery to fire at walls, i would order them to do so.

Just because you are a n00b and probably lost your entire army before you realized that no attack stance was available, does not mean it is a bug. Unit AI (and AI in general) has a long way to go, just get over it.

simwiz - actually i completed the mission without losing a single unit. The point is, in that mission, the artillery fire will destroy your own forces, which is a big problem. Putting the artillery on no attack stance isnt a solution either, because then they dont help in the battles that follow, so to summarise-

problem: artillery fires at walls and kills your own units

possible solution: make it so it wont attack the enemy and

therefore useless

To me, that is a problem, and a bug in the game!

You tell him/her/it simwiz

Kryllith, you misunderstood me. My problem wasnt with shooting over walls, it was with the ai that considers walls the same as buildings, thus attacking the closest thing. In AoK, siege units autoattacked buildings, then walls, then units.

Is it just the heavy weapons that consider walls to be buildings? I've had a lot of troopers in next to walls and they've pretty much always targeted buildings over walls. In the case of heavy weapons, though, yeah I agree. They need to be set up so that they make a distinction between the two so that they'll attack walls last unless otherwise directed.

Kryllith

Originally posted by Darth Windu

(1) simwiz - actually i completed the mission without losing a single unit.

(2) Putting the artillery on no attack stance isnt a solution either, because then they dont help in the battles that follow.

1 - Did you really? Wow, I'm soooo impressed. :rolleyes:

2 - Are you really that stupid? Like sith said, take them off no attack. Are you really that stupid, or lazy, or incompetent, or all three?

It is not a bug!!! It is an example of how AI nowadays still has a long way to go before it gets "smart". If another patch were to come out, they may choose to improve the unit AI and make siege attack turrets before walls, use the "smart-onager" feature of AoC where onagers would not autofire on friendly units, etc. But it is in no way a bug.

Windu, there is no bug. Bugs are glitches in the game that arent intended to be there. Seeing that this isnt a bug, can we please return to the topic. No one appretiates your off-topic discussion. If you have the dire urge to bring the subject up, do so on the correct thread.

I noticed, with the patch, some units, like my Rebel mounties, when told to go somewhere, only half the group will go. Then when told again, half of the group that stayed behind would go. And this continued. It didnt help i was assaulting a base with them either and they were filing in one by one.

I noticed, with the patch, some units, like my Rebel mounties, when told to go somewhere, only half the group will go. Then when told again, half of the group that stayed behind would go. And this continued. It didnt help i was assaulting a base with them either and they were filing in one by one.

Haha, I noticed that. All your mounties filed in 1 by 1 and died painfully to my fighters and fortress. And my forward base was completed! :)

the reason i am refering to it as a bug is because it undertakes an action that has the possibility of destroying it, destroying other friendly units, and not helping in battle.

I dont care what you call it, its still not a bug. Programming lax, maybe, bug no.

Haha, I noticed that. All your mounties filed in 1 by 1 and died painfully to my fighters and fortress. And my forward base was completed!

Uhh.. simwiz, i can see your mistake, but i wasnt talking about our game:p. I was doing a single player one with a lot more mounties vs a lot more forts (but it was ai so you know who won-me)

Also, Windu, question. Are you one of those people who, when saying something that the listener doesnt understand, will just repeat themself only louder. Sure seems like it.

Archived