Home

Modeling in Maya4

JediMaster_Mar

Has any one done anymodeling in maya 4.0 and exported to .md3

for any models in the game i have mae my own lightsaber for the game and have skined it but no luck on getting it in the game.

I also have 3DMax 3 but would rather model in Maya 4 its much

easyer to model and skin in maya anyone with an idea can e_mail

me at garciduenas@direcpc.com thanks.

Export your model as an .obj (Make sure you have the plugin activated, Window->Settings/Prefs.->Plugin Manager and select the Obj exporter from the list). And then download the free Milkshape demo and use it to translate your file to .md3. Then go from there.

You may also be able to use Deep Exploration for the conversion. With this you will be able to skip the exporting to Obj part.

I used Maya 4 to make Yoda, but I din't texture him so it was ok to just export as an OBJ. BTW: I think Max is a far better box modeler than Maya(even though I love Maya too) But being able to just hold shift and extrude faces and edges, not to mention target welding:) Ah, the good old days!

Good job on Yoda by the way. Well I have one question i have every thing modeled in maya and textured as well and if i export

as a .wrl file i can get all of the mesh and textures in 3d max.

But i have for skin layouts for different parts of the model, how would i get the textures exported out to .md3 and load them into

the MD3 viewer and export them to a Glm ant the skins get reconized in the game i no the player models have more than one

.jpg file for the skins, is it posible for a weapon as well?

Archived