Home

Help Yoda Ghost

icepool

Ok, first off, pick up Q3ASE!

Q3ASE Homepage

Here is a text version of what I created-

models/players/yoda/esb_head (use path from skin file)

{

cull disable (Makes the skin double sided. if too bright, remove this)

{

map models/players/yoda/esb_head.tga (path to head texture)

blendfunc add (makes it an additive texture)

rgbGen wave noise 0.5 1 0 2 (makes it flicker in and out. Not necessary, but makes it look cool)

}

{

map textures/sfx/snow.tga (OPTIONAL- Making added effect)

blendfunc add (Same as before)

rgbGen wave noise 0.25 0.75 0 1 (Also flickers in and out but slower)

tcMod turb 0 1 0 1 (makes it stretch and fly around)

}

}

Image Example

This is what it would look like against a black background.

Pictures speak a thousand words, but it would have been nice if this was a movie clip

Ok If someone knows how to use shaders and wants to make the yoda ghost look transparent I will give you the file. I've attempted several times to use the shader program but the objects never appears in the preview window. So if someone can do it let me know.

I'm nowhere near a shader master, but I have succesfully made a saber hilt that's transparent and pulsates in intesity. If you send it to me I can have it done in a jiff. Also, I can send back my saber hilt if you're interested.

Sad news, but it's more difficult then what I did w/ the saber. I think there is 2 problems I found that helped, but it still doesn't look right in game. 1 - the facemap had no transparency to it in the first place so this wasn't helping. 2 - it's the same yoda shader as kinja so the pak loading order may be causing me hastle. I might rewrite the shader and do some more testing if you don't mind? I'm going to dinner now for about 30 mins, then I'm free for another 3 1/2 hrs. So I may have more info for you later. I still think I can get it to work.

also, the model may need to be recompiled with the head TGA file mapped to it. That's what I had to do for the saber. Like I said, let me do some more tests and I'll let you know.

Check it out. I got it. I emailed you a screenshot. I have to test some more blending issues and clean up the file structer, other then that he's pretty much done. I don't have image hosting so you can tease everyone with the pic I sent you, just give me credit where credit is due. ;)

I might use kman's added effects and see what that looks like. :) Then he can be in the credits too.

One more note. I don't believe you need all the files you have in there to have your own skin in the player select menu do you?

Archived