Home

JK2 Multiplayer problem

Pada-Wan

JK2 worked perfect w/WIN ME, but then I switched to WIN XP(which i heard was 50 times better then ME) and now everytime it says "awaiting snapshot" it takes like 20 more secs to load the game and i have major slowdown in the game but i only have 70 or so ping. It works OK in duel games, but it slows down in CTF games. But then again I did get another JK2 cd after my last one was scratched up and i installed it. So what is my problem here? My cd, or my new OS? Or maybe I should just reinstall JK2?

Hrm, I highly doubt it's XP... it is a million times better than ME, it's more efficient... although more bulky...

If it works fine in duel...but slows in CTF... it must have something to do with your computer, trying to render all the lightsabers and everything, I guess, which, will make a difference with just 4 more people with sabers that are within your view..

That and you may not have the best drivers for your video card, go check

It's also possible that you don't have the lastest drivers for your hardware. Plus, whenever you change OSs like that you should just reinstall any games that give you trouble. Ever since win 95 games started putting a lot of important stuff in the registry files of windows. When you change OS's you lose all that data and some games act weird / don't work without it.

Originally posted by Th@_BoZkUrT

the problem is win XP

with win XP you can get only like 60 fps!!! you will need a program to let your frames go higher!

why dont u get a no cd crack dude??? i use it too

i payed 50 euros to buy jk2!! i dont want it to be scratced

Well actually it's the refresh rate of your monitor that will always run 60Hz by default. I suggest people with this problem open the Program

c:/windowns/system32/DxDiag.exe

Then under the help tab simply manually set the refresh rate to whatever you like.

Originally posted by Canis_Aureus

Well actually it's the refresh rate of your monitor that will always run 60Hz by default. I suggest people with this problem open the Program

c:/windowns/system32/DxDiag.exe

Then under the help tab simply manually set the refresh rate to whatever you like.

Cool Util! but what would be the ideal refresh rate? lower or higher then 60?

It depends. The human eye can't tell past around 30 fps. The only reason why'd you'd want it higher is if your screen is fickering at higher resolutions, however, not all frequencies will be supported by your computer monitor so be ready for it to freak out if you try to switch it to a incombatible freq. Don't worry thou, Windows will switch it back automatically if you don't press "ok" on the "can you see this window" for few secs..

Archived