Home

Do you bow at the start of a duel because....

munik

Do you bow at the start of a duel because....  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you bow at the start of a duel because....

• It shows honor and respect to my oppenent.
    • My opponent did it first.
    • My oppenent/everyone will give me a hard time if I don\'t.
    • Nope, I don\'t bow. The honor and/or respect is implied in the act of accepting a duel.
    • A combination of the previous three choices.

i hear what you're saying, in brazillian jiu jitsu we bow before we enter or leave the mats to an instructor simply becuause it shows honor to the instructor and lets him know if someone's going to be in the bathroom where they might pass out and crack their head on the toilet. that actually happened to someone and we were able to save his life becuase the instructor knew he was in the basthroom.

in a video game i just think its rediculous to apply such a custom, i dont care if people bow... do it all you want i will just use the jedimod command to /shake at you! if in a competition or sparring match in real life you best believe i will bow back at the other person if they bow to me.

Brazillian Jiu Jitsu forever!

I'm more interested in whether or not those of you who do not bow would attack someone who does whil they're in the middle of a bow.

I'd hate to think that there are those who practice this, although I know there are many who do. I've met them, and feel a sense of dislike for these people. But thats just me.

I usually bow, mostly because it's now customary to give at least a quick nod. If the duelist is a very good one and they have my respect, they get the full out duck-look down bow. It's a way of saying "You're damn good and I know it, good luck." rather than typing it.

ShockV1.89

Archived