Home

Y some peps may have trouble kicking...

UgonDieFoo

It puzzeled me as to why some people complained about the so-called "kick nerf" where you needed to jump twice in order to kick someone. Many people claimed they had no trouble adjusting to this change while others were pretty upset about it.

I now think I understand why there was such a stir regarding the issue. The most probable reason why some people have great difficutly double jumping and others do not is becasue of different control schemes. I came to this realization when i was practicing for that star wars gateway challenge thing. Part of the rules for the contest stated that you had to use the default controls. By default, jump is set to the space key. I recal how difficult it was to kick people using the space key when i was practicing, given how hard it is to hit the space key in rapid succession.

I personaly use the right mouse button as jump in jk2 and all fp shooters. I have no problems double tapping it to kick people. I'd be willing to bet that many of the peolple who complained about the kick change were using either space or some other keyboard key as jump, rather than the mouse. If you are one of those people, might i suggest using a mouse button for jump rather than a keyboard key? It is much MUCH easier to kick people that way. And that is all i hafta say about that.

For me:

Push = Q

Pull = E

Two most commonly used force powers easily accessible.

As for kicking, I don't have that much trouble using space bar, but it is true that thumbs tend to double tap the space bar a lot slower than other fingers with other keys.

Originally posted by razorace

Personally I use the mouse wheel for push / pull.

Rofl! Me too! Mucho easier access and since I'm not that much of a gun player I don't need to use it for gun select.

I can kick ok with space bar, but I sux in a kick duel.

I also suck in saber locks, which is why I bound alt to attack and tap that + my primary mouse button at the same time in a saber lock... still, i can barely keep my balance in a saberlock.

I'm a leftie so be prepared for some weird key assignments here...

mouse1 = primary

mouse2 = secondary

mousewheel = scroll weapons

mousewheelclick = stance (yeah, god bless intellimouse)

then the force powers, jump and crouch are assigned to the various number keybad keys! 0 is jump (little finger), . or delete is crouch (stretch little finger). I never have a problem kicking but tend not to use it anyway.

Movement is the arrows keys for me.

Maybe we could bump this - we've funniest death - we'd probably get a bunch of weird keyboard set-ups.

Wait... maybe not, it wouldn't so amusing...

:rolleyes:

Archived