Home

Does anyone know where I can get JK2 GMax Skeletons that will work in game???

The Chimera

Ok. I've been working on a model (as most of you know, Fox McCloud) and have a skeleton. BUT, this skeleton is WAY hard to model around. Ex: The arm's are too close to the body, the legs are to close together, ect. From the WIP pictures I have seen of other models, the arms are out to the side and the legs are in the shape of a V.(only and upsiddown V(DUH)) Anyway, where do you get those skeletons? I really need to get one because the ones I have just don't cut it. Oh, do the skeleton's HAVE to be from JK2 to work IN JK2?

or you could do like 95% of the modelers out thereand go download 3dsm from places like sharereactor.com or edonkey, (no 12-16 year old is going to cough up $2000 for a computer program, and there is no way their parents would either!) but keep in mind, its illegal!!! (Kazza and IRC are also good bets for it, but ya didnt hear it from me!)

So many people throwing things around on this one. A combination of gmax and Milkshape are just fine for making a player model. There is another post out there about it. And had anyone at either jk2 file site looked in the mail box they'd notice I compiled a jk2 skeleton for gmax as a resource for those out there using gmax. It's the exact same skeleton used in 3DSM because that's where I ported it from.

Granted because Milkshape doesn't support "vertex weighting" you can still assign vertexes to the mesh. The mesh deformation won't look nearly as good though.

Milkshape3D has JK2 skeletons I think. Go to the thread - Before asking a question, check this link. Its at the top of the modeling forum. Go to the first link inside of that. At the bottom is Milkshape3D skeletons.

Archived