Home

Something irritating

HeroFromHyrule

I noticed something very irritatin about whenever I load one of my levels to test them or load somebody elses that I have downloaded from the net. ALL of my controls are reset! It is incredibly tedious and annoying to have to change my controls back 4 or even 5 times in a single day. There must be some way to avoid this, I just dont know what it is. Can anybody help me?

That's intresting. I can only imagine one reason for this problem of yours. The game writes the altered controls to a file in Gamedata folder (I'm pretty sure it was Gamedata, not base, though I don't have the game on this computer, so I can't be sure). There should be 2 different files, one for single-player, the other for multi-player. Their names were something like spconfig and mpconfig (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, just check all suitable looking config file in those folders with Notepad. When you run into the right file, you will recognize it. Now, I imagine the game cannot alter these files for some reason and thus your controls will be defaults. But see for yourself.

What you could do, if this is the reason, is that you make back-ups of these files and then alter them using notepad to suit your purposes.

This is kind of a lousy solution, and not necessarily the right one, but it's everything that comes into my mind.

Archived