Home

Private passwords! more than one?

NITEMARE

i was wondering if it could be possible to code an admin feature so that the server looks into a text/cfg file for special guests which would have a unique password. so everybody who is on the list could enter and regular players not. the password protect feature ist not that good if u want to populate the server. the private password is a goo way to let admins join the game when it's full. but i would want to have a login option for registered users who gain extra rights but have no admin status. and i want to be able to kick only individual players from the private client list. thats why i want to know if its possible to make more that one single private password. then it could be possible to bann people on popular servers....

online rpgs have a login method, thats what we need too!

hmm,

people are not interessted in this feature it seems.

people are more interessted in stupid saber hilts and the next or current version of jedimod.

too bad....

but it should be possible somehow, like ip banning works. just that ip banning is very useless, individual login not!

yeah but the problem is the dynamic ips. most people have dsl or normal modems and other connections with a different ip everytime they come online. so banning makes no sense. in halflife u have those won ids and it works quite good. so it would be great if we would at least have a unique id system for our servers. i dunno how hard it is but it definitly would be more usefull feature than to have 2 double bladed sabers in each hand and foot! or other stupid features like that.

Add in a couple of client side cvars like regUserName and regPassword that are sent to the server. Then when the client connects for the first time check their password and user name and see if its on your list. You could load the list just like tckmodel.cfg is loaded.

cool thx. i will toss that to my coder. so thats the end for the server side mod. clientside we're coming.

at the moment my coder is working on a system to totaly ignore other players if u r in a duel with someone. that means no disturbance! and multiple duels at once but with the privacy of a normal duel where everybody would be spectators...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived