Home

Root.xsi

editormg

Is it just me or wouldn't it be very important for the heirarchy names on the bone structure to be preserved when importing root.xsi into max? Some names on my subtree keep getting truncated. Or is this normal? My first guesses were that it was either the plugin or Max itself. If i leave the names the way the are Carcass will prob through it back at me and spit it out anyways if i do UVW map it and weight it. Ever had this issue?

Any tidbits of info would be much appreciated.

I tried importing and got weird things too. I imported Jan's root and her legs were stretched out like she was sitting. Probably for the cinematics. So I opened the stormtroopers and all seemed peachy. The names being truncated though, that's not been a problem for me. Are you using max 4.2?

That picture looks normal... Whats your problem? Link your tags and body parts in the exact order the tutorial tells you to, and when you move an arm it should detach from the body taking the hand with it. (thats how to test that it works) Most of these bones that you can select you wont even be weighting so just ignore them, if you delete them, you will delete apart of the skeleton and thats a no no.

Name the body parts of your mesh EXACTLY like the other JKII models that came with the game e.g l_leg, r_leg etc and segment the mesh before you start linking.

All the models that came with the game have the same amount of body parts (segments) so its best that you do the same to stop comlications.

Archived