Home

Running .dll files rather than .qvm's

ArtifeX

Does anyone know what the directory structure looks like when you just want to run .dll files rather than a .pk3 file with the .qvm's inside?

I've tried doing a Rebuild All in vc++ and copying the "Final" directory into my mod directory thus:

jk2/gamedata/mymod/Final

and running "jk2mp +set fs_game mymod", but that doesn't seem to recognize the new .dll's at all. I've also tried just copying the contents of the Final directory directly into the "mymod" directory, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone know? Compiling the .qvm's and then zipping them into .pk3's every time to test is getting to be a pain in the ass.

I have the same problem, .qvm's work fine but .dll's won't load, anyone know the solution?

Edit: Doh, just saw the sticky thread, sorry about that, after checking 4 pages of forums I still managed to miss the most obvious thread. :rolleyes:

For anyone else looking for this information it's in this thread.

lets say your mod is called "abcmod"

then you will have this structure (assuming you know how to build all three dll's)

gamedata/abcmod/<dll_files_here>

basically they come in the root dir of the mod

I managed to get it loading only the game dll by adding the following command line parameters, listed in the Resource & Help thread (I assume I don't actually need all of them, but it worked fine like this):

+set vm_game 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_ui 0

I'll try building all three dlls tonight and see if the above is still needed.

Thanks for the reply ASk.

Archived