Home

1.04 - Raven needs to put out something better then this.

FatalStrike

Originally posted by razorace

Ok, less pluging, more on subject. :)

Well my whole point was the blocking and ...well I found a mod that corrects it. I had a problem with low saber damage and well it fixed that too.

So the only on subject thing I can think of is, RAVEN please make a patch that plays like this Mod so we can eliminate luck and freebies from the game completely.

I don't mean to praise the Mod but its nice to see someone other then me dislikes a Patch that leaves many things to chance. My Clan is still in 1.02 and will die out if I don't change things to acceptable limits. 1.03 and 1.04 are absolute crap. I needed a step in the right direction and I can only hope that Raven pays attention. Because Mods are nice but a patch makes it official, and my clan would love to crash into these ladders and cut down most teams like a knife thru butter. I don't think anyone really like blocking as it is. I think they like it more then 1.02, but that doesn't mean it right. It is random in many ways and is buggier then the DFA ever was. Time for Raven to nerf their own changes and make this game ONLY depend on player actions. No more blocking systems that do the work for you.

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOkkk. We'll talk about the Mod then.

While I see the reasons behind the Mod and desire to add more need for skill to the game, the CSC system reduces the level of "realism". Jedi are able to block attacks from all angles with superhuman reflexes and speed. The CSC system turns all the blocking into circle strafing contest that doesn't have any basis in the movies. Sword fighting...maybe. Movies...no.

In addition, this sounds like it'll make the gun users even more powerful than they already were.

OOkkk. We'll talk about the Mod then.

While I see the reasons behind the Mod and desire to add more need for skill to the game, the CSC system reduces the level of "realism". Jedi are able to block attacks from all angles with superhuman reflexes and speed.

Yeah thats all well and good but Jedi have to work at there defense, its not automatic. They do not win and lose fight based on chance helping them with a lucky block they did absolutely nothing to earn. 1.04 may make the game LOOK more real but we don't own it for looks, we have it for game play. Freebies have no place in game made for kids over the age of 5.

The CSC system turns all the blocking into circle strafing contest that doesn't have any basis in the movies. Sword fighting...maybe. Movies...no.

have you seen the movies? Jedi fight while FACING eachother! not while running backwards or what ever else this insane defense lets you get away with. If Jedi miss they will get hit. Plain and simple, mess up and pay for it 100% of the time.

In addition, this sounds like it'll make the gun users even more powerful than they already were.

They cannot be any more powerful then they are now. This Mod ups the normal saber power.

I am not saying that it is perfect I am saying that this Mod appears to be a step in the right direction.

have you seen the movies? Jedi fight while FACING eachother! not while running backwards or what ever else this insane defense lets you get away with. If Jedi miss they will get hit. Plain and simple, mess up and pay for it 100% of the time.

Not always true, one of the most popular and most requested recreation is of Darth Maul Vs Obi and Qui-gon battle. If you watch carefully, you'll see that Maul literally defends blows behind his back. In addition, he also spends a major part of the battle not so much facing one opponent but facing both. With the CSC system Maul couldn't last 10 secs vs. the two jedi. While fighting both Jedi I'll noticed that he always on the defensive except when he uses the "Saber Clash" to his advantage and knocks one of the jedi out of the fight for a moment.

With my mod, Masters of the Force, which honestly won't be out for a while :D, I'm attempting to sim. this type of combat AND bring a degree of skill to the game by turning Saber Clashs into a battle of speed, reflex, and strategy. Feel free to check it out in the it's thread, here. BTW that was a very cheap plug. ;)

They cannot be any more powerful then they are now. This Mod ups the normal saber power.

Oh, they could be. Think Q2 BFG. LOL. :)

[qoute]

I am not saying that it is perfect I am saying that this Mod appears to be a step in the right direction.

[/qoute]

Oh, I agree. It seems to be a good idea. I just don't think it's the "best" idea. :D

Archived