Home

Using mods, skins, light sabers etc

Wish_Master2100

I'm a begginer to the world of modding, and I was wondering if someone could tell me where to extract the files to.

I just downloaded a few skins, and a light saber, but none seem to work.

Can someone give me directions of where to extract them?

Also where to extract maps etc for future use

After you unzip the file. (I usually unzip it in the GAME DATA folder to make it easy) Drag the pak3. files over into your BASE folder.

All you really need is the pk3 files. The rest is just instructions and garbage.

Just make sure the pk3 files are in your BASE folder and everything should be fine.

If you need more help http://pruklan.tripod.com/ has some good tips for loading mods, maps and skins.

Nosaj

It funny you should mention the MAX_QPATH length! I get that when I load up Single Player. Not that it really bothers me nowadays as I play MP and that loads up fine but it's annoying nonetheless.

The weird thing is that it never used to happen.

This my error:

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/mods/models/players/boss_purple/) = 70)

Weird, I've searched for that file and can't find it to delete it (?).

If I reinstall I don't want to dun the risk of losing 800meg+ of maps and skins - any hints and tips?

Thx

Just copy all your addition Mods/maps/etc. to a temp. directory while you reinstall the game.

Don't try to find the "problem" file. It isn't the file's fault and you need that file. :D The engine wasn't designed to run in a huge directory path like the one that Raven decided to have as the default. Strange but true. :)

Archived