Home

More "Plot Holes"

Guest King Andrei

Guest King Andrei

Here's some mistakes I found in the MI Series:

1. In MI2 he is 21 years old and in MI3 he says he is only 20.

2. Grandpa Marley was a member of a crew under the name Herman Toothrot when he sailed to Monkey Island. But in MI4 he claims he took the name Herman Toothrot AFTER shipwrecking on Monkey Island ALONE.

3. How the hell did Herman end up on Dinky in MI2? Swimed to it?

4. What the hell was that philosophical Herman think in MI2?

5. LeChuck claimed he "killed" HT Marley, but in MI4, we find out that Ozzie actually tried to kill him.

THIS ONE IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE:

6. Herman/Granpa Marley spent 20 years on Monkey Island, right? Before shipwrecking, LeChuck warned him that he would kill him if he didn't grant his blessing of having her daughter's hand in marriage. I mean Elaine was probably still a baby by then, LeChuck didn't even know her. That is unless Elaine happens to be 40 years old or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to explain all of them

1) Guybrush was lyeing about being 21. He's actully 20 in the game.

2) Don't know but maybe Guybrush doesn't meet Grandpa Marly in MI1. Maybe he meets the real Herman in MI1 and the real Herman died in the volcano eruption?

3) Well, he doesn't know how to drive a ship so maybe the ship lands back on Monkey Island by itself. And in case you didn't know, in MI3 when Guybrush is talking to LeChuck Guybrush can ask why didn't he go to Monkey Island in MI2. LeChucks says that the cave he fell in is actully tunnles from Dinky Island to Monkey Island. Grandpa (not the real Herman) must have fell in a hole to the tunnles by mistake.

4) He must of had no students so he quite.

5) We know that Elain is 20 and that she had to be a baby when this happened, and we also know that LeChuck is a pervert. So he still wanted to marry her.

Archived