Home

NPC Weapons

Covax

Question,

Is there anywhere I can edit the default weapons an NPC has in the SP game? Like giving reborn guns or jan a sword? I've hunted though the FAQs but didn't come up with any annswer.

I'd like to change the Saber hilts (because they're swords in my mod) for the jedi.

Ya see, the thing is that I'm limited to 4 swords/saber-hilts:

- Kyle's sword (in progress).

- Dessan's Sword (big-assed shadow sword).

- Luke's (wood bokken/katana).

- The basic sword everyone else uses (in my case a ninja-blade).

I'd like to, for example, give Tavion a Katana.

Now, I guess my question would be off on second thought, because a 'saber is a saber'.

So my first question would be, where or what file is the model for a saber-hilt for a spesific charachter gets indicated?

I'd imagine others would find it useful for SP mods, because every saber weilder would be able to have a unique saber handle, heck even unique gun models if we knew.

My second question, as to not confuse the topics, is who to switch the default weapon for a NPC. i.e. give Tavion a Disruptor.

first question: If you want to give people non standard weapons in maps you make yourself (or for that matter any map you have the .map file of) there is no

problem. Doing it in the SP game in general is problamatic.

There is a tread around here about switching Stormtroopers to Reborn

but it requires a hexeditor and modification of jk2gamex86.dll which

while i dont think they can stop you from doing it would have to be

for your use only. LEC would definitly smack you down if you tried to distribute it.

Archived