Home

BAH at 1.04

Bruck Chun

Does anyone(that uses a modem) find that your pings become MUCH higher in 1.04 then in 1.03? It REALLY seems like that 1.03 fixed some lag, and 1.04 made the game as laggy, if not laggier then 1.02. Its terrible. Any suggestions on HOW i can fix my problem?

Note: I hate internet boosts, and I dont believe in them.

Also...Is there ANY chance that 1.04 will be updated?

I don't think that it will be another patch, there is no move right now that is to good... everything can be countered... except human vs scripting... but nothing can take away scripting...

Maybe a 1.05 will come, but I don't think there will be much gameplay changes... if any... mostly bug fixes then...

but I think 1.04 will be the last, the mod's will have to do the rest from now on...

And you're annoying the hell out of others as well. :D

I played against a dial-up user yesterday. He jumped, DFA'd and warped around the map constantly...teleporting from one place to another... The was no way you could hit him with a normal saber swing. Very frustrating. I doubt he was having much fun either.

Dial-up is just not good enough for this game.

I've got a 56k modem and most of the time it's not much worse than playing with bots. But it can get REALLY crappy. Teleporting, crashing, jumping randomly.... But 9 times out of ten I'm fine.

btw...I can't afford broadband (in the UK it's almost as expensive as buying Microsoft) but do you think ISDN could clear up some lag time?

Archived