Home

the guy in the armor after the shields go down

nycman100

Any advice on how to kill him?

I have gone through every weapon but the sucker always gets me!

I know that his shields go down every oncce in awhile, and I try to inflict as much damage as possible but I can never kill him.

Do some weapons work better?

Well depends on how you play.

Personally, I only use the Lightsaber in SP and MP. So... I only have the way on how to beat him with the Lightsaber.

Anyway, to beat him with a Lightsaber, it's really pretty simple.

First of all, right when you start off after the cinamatic scene, I recommend you quick save. Then try and stay within about 10 feet of him. That way he'll walk toward you instead of moving back and using the alt fire of the repeater on you, which hurts alot more than small repeater rounds. So inbetween bursts he fires at you (you should be able to deflect most of them by blocking), use heavy stance hits only really. To bring down his shields for a few seconds you have to do some damage to them first. So how you do this with the Lightsaber is tricky without getting your ass shocked by the shields. You do a wide left or right swing in Heavy stance. BUT make sure your tip or little more of your saber only hits his shields. If it's a full hit, it'll shock you and do some damage. You don't need to do alot of damage to bring his shields down. After about 3 or 4 heavy swings his shields should fall for about 20-30 seconds.

After his shields are down, he'll get pissed, at this time use wide or top down heavy swings to do damage. Run in swinging so that the swing will end into him, doing good damage, then run out quick before he backhands you. If he backhands you try and get up as fast as you can before he does it again. But it's best to avoid it totally. With timing you can, just run by swinging at him. Do hit and run tactics basically, that's how you beat him. Once his shields come back up, repeat step 1. Once they go down repeat step 2. Rinse, repeat, until he goes down.

Just remember the keys to beating him.

1) Stay within 10 feet ALWAYS.

2) NEVER get within 2 feet of him with his shields up.

3) NEVER stay next to him when his shields are down or he'll bitch slap you into the air.

4) Hit and run tactics in Heavy stance only.

5) Keep heal and bacta tanks ready incase you get trapped by his backhand.

If you follow all that he should go down easy.

And his name is Galak Fyyar.

The method that works best for me is using the repeater to bring down his shields. when you start off, keep the lightsaber and back away past the four posts. begin circle strafing around the center of the room so you walk in the area between the post and the wall. switch to the repeater and use the alt fire on him until the shields go down. remember to always look at the center of the room when you are not shooting at galak to avoid hitting the posts. once his shields are down. keep the repeater and use force speed. run up behind him and aim for the antenna. using the primary fire button, you should be able to take it out before force speed ends. now switch to your lightsaber. if you are low on health, you could run around next to the wall and use force heal. otherwise just use forcespeed and the lightsaber. you should be able to waste him easily. this method worked really well for me even on jedi master difficulty.

Use the rocketlauncher and you'll have the shields down in less than 10 seconds . Then take out the antenna like Ackbar said.

Edit: After Galak lost his shields he will sometimes use some kind of lightning that you can't block with the saber but if you have the center structure between him and you, you are safe .

Thanks everyone for their input.

I eventually got his shields down with the flechette weapon (alt attack) then force speeded my way past him to get the antenne down.

THen it was time to hack hack hack hack hack and he died.

If anyone wants to help me with desann, How the hell do I get him?

I see him in the mirror, and have moved all the walls past the fire, but do I have to jump over the pit to follow him?

Either I am a oron or it is quite puzzeling.

Thanks again and may the schwartz be with you

Archived