Home

Damn mods.

Caster

Originally posted by FatalStrike

You mean sabers are supposed to do less damage then a kick?

We're talking about Star Wars right?

What does that have to do with light saber hit detection?

Anyway, I do agree that kick damage should be lowered. Though I'm fine with the saber damage in 1.04. 1 hit with heavy. 2 or 3 with medium. 5 or 6 with light.

Originally posted by Caster

I've been having a hard time trying to find vanilla 1.04 servers.

I dunno if you're just saying that to reflect upon the fact that the community is "shattered into mod tribes" as one put it, or really are having trouble finding those servers lol - if that's the case, use the All-Seeing Eye - http://udpsoft.com/eye/ it lets you select What version, what mod (or none at all), saber only or not, FF or NF, and more. Makes it incredibly easy to find exactly the kind of game you're looking for.

:D

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Well, of course. :)

However when 1.02 was released I voted with my $$ and I voted 1.02.

With 1.03 and 1.04 half the players and servers vanished. So you can think whatever you want about how horrible 1.02 was but the FACT remains that it was more appealing to gamers then 1.03 which shrank the community or 1.04 which has shattered the community into Mod tribes.

Just because you believe a lot of people left because of the patches doesn't automatically make it true. I imagine people left for a varity of reasons: boredom, lack of time, etc.

1.02 was unpalyable to you because it was HARD to win. 1.04 you don't even have to worry about your own blocking!

Oh brother...Not that arguement, again. I did prefectly fine in 1.02. I'm a fairly good JK2 player, but I play for fun, not to win. :)

Also you can't take things back to 1.02 levels because you can't unnerf everything. Face it, in the process of making it more real, Raven turned a very difficult fast paced game into a slow pillow fight.

Why can't you unnerf everything? If Raven coded it in, you should be able to code it out. Or you could always just play it without the patches. As for the "slow pillow fight", that's due to lag. If you play the game in a lag free eniv., you can easily kill a unskilled player in a few swings of your saber in any of the stances.

Archived