Home

Pro Mod: Can't get it to work

C4. Radical

I'm anxious to play the new ProMod, but I don't know how to get it to take effect. There's a pk3 file and a bat file; I've placed the pk3 in the base folder but it doesn't take effect. Do I need to use the bat file? I tried it and it says "bad command or file name in the console window. Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by C4. Radical

I'd like to know how to do both actually, but I'm trying to start a server first of all.

IF for windows, make a promod directory in your gamedata directory, and stick the pk3 file in the promod directory. Then try the batch file should work.

mainly what you need in the command line is "set fs_game promod"

All you need to do is unzip the file you downloaded to your {jk2 directory}/GameData folder, then run the provided "promod.bat" file. Don't try putting the promod.pk3 file in your base directory, as it won't work. When you're done, files should look like this:

{jk2 dir}/GameData/promod/promod.pk3

{jk2 dir}/GameData/promod.bat

You can choose to run the .bat file to start the game, or just start jk2 normally, then choose "promod" from the "Mods" directory in the Jk2 main in-game menu.

Originally posted by C4. Radical

I've done what you said, and it still doesn't work. Is it possible that I need the 1.04 patch to make it work? I think there was something about that in another forum thread.

Archived