Home

My thoughts on the CTF /kill command

RpTheHotrod

Personally? It doesn't bother me much when people run to the base, and if they are gonna die (normally by falling), they will /kill themselves (it is annoying though, you worked for a kill, feels better when you're rewarded one). After all, score doesn't matter...and that's all that's in that scenario.

However, I do NOT agree with the rage users that defend the base and kill themselves. Why? Rage was supposed to have a penalty (life drain/slower walk speed at end). Once people run out, they /kill themselves, and respawn at the nearly SAME SPOT and go at it again, hereby removing the penalty entirely. That's wrong, and that wasn't never meant to be according to Raven.

Now, offensive rager /kill ers arn't that bad, because they respawn back at their base...and the only advantage they get is a 2 second saver. (More action for the other team!)

All in all:

Offensive Rage /kill = fine

Defensive Rage /kill = exploit of the system

Defensive Rage /kill users totally skip the penalty to rage. That's like a saberist having full defensive while swinging red stance. The penalty to red stance during a swing is defensive weakness....but using a parallel between saber and rager, it would be the same type of exploit...no weakness during it's stronget point (a saber swing penalty-free, a rager's rage-mode penalty-free)

Whether you like it or not, a defensive rager /kill is an exploit (It was never planned for that to occur in the first place.)

What do you guys think?

I think there's now three threads on the same topic.. keep it in one.

repost in the main thread and I'll respond with my thoughts. While you're there, read my posts, they're on the last page.. They have my thoughts.. I'll welcome any debate.

Archived