Home

Futurama: Bender Model Complete

WarHawk109

I read this thread for the first time just now. I've been observing your progress and it shows promise.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, The arms and legs are still too thin. I recommend printing out the pictures that D.L. listed and examining them as a reference. You might want to draw up some model sheets, too. That's what I do with character models I create.

Also, you might want to look at a model of Bender that was created for Quake III Arena:

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/quake3/bender/bender.shtml

(You probably have already seen this model and downloaded it, but I posted the link just in case you hadn't seen it already.)

Also, I recommend that you use 3d Studio Max.

Keep up the good work!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check out the Bender model that was made for UT. That one was right on the money.

Even came with custom sounds. :D

"Let's just hope some robot doesn't go and kill everyone"

As with all things, perfection is hard to attain. Keep up the work you're doing now and it will eventually look very damn cool.

my .02

yeah, you really need reference pics actually in 3dsmax to get a really correct model....not just 'playing it by ear' kinda stuff

u know, 'it looks OK, so its alright" is not really that good if someone already has a better model out there (like the q3 one and the UT one)

but pleez! use 3dsmax if you wanna get this into the game! rhino may be all well and good for modelling, but u just cant export the models to jk2

ps....

hey mushashi, that closed thred of yours about that 'cg' chick, you know she is just an actor right? i think you fooled one guy tho :)

• 11 months later...

Archived