Home

Question, simpler Modeling?

Boblo

I noticed when I assimilate the reference files from Raven the GLM file is made very easily. All of the meshes are weighted already etc,. When I simply open the root.xsi in 3d max and export it (even without any changes) I now have to weight all the meshes etc,. Technically, shouldn't the file be exactly the same since nothing has changed. It would sure save a lot of time if you didn't have to do this.

I really only want to tweak reference models. Not make them from scratch. So if anyone had an answer to importing the weights for the meshes. Pass it along. Seems silly to spend 3 hours weighting meshes when they are already done. As long as they can be imported properly.

umm they ARE weighted when u import them...

Not from what I've noticed... It seems that none of the surfaces have skin modifiers applied to them... Maybe I'm mistaken, I don't know. I haven't really played around with the actual raven meshes that much, I've only used them to take the skeleton and tags. If they do not import the weightings, I'd most likely say this is a problem with the import plugin.

Archived