Home

Milkshape 3d saber tutorial

icepool

Alright as you all now I have finished the modeling part of the lightsaber and now I have to start textuing or whatever I really dont know. I had a tutorial a long time back but I seem to have lost it. And before you flame me know this I have looked under google for a tutorial specifically on sabers with milkshape3d and I've also gone through the last 7 pages in this forum so please help!

Yeah Ive only found tutorials on putting tags wich still arnt clear to me either. Should I do this step before the texturing or after? Also if you could tell me how to get started on the texturing and mapping I'm sure I'd catch on from there. I usually catch on pretty fast. After all this is what I'm in school for. I'm just not lucky enough to have had any of these classes yet.

well it took me forever to realize this but on my comp you have to hide the start menue and tool bar to see the section to create materials in the materials tab....its pretty simple you get a texture made or read, click on the materials tape, click new down at the bottom then you need to add the texture by clicking the button thats says and looks like this <none> and it will let you apply the texture to the pic of the circle above it, then at the very bottom of the materials tab there is an assign button....MAKE sure that the thing you want to texture is seleted as in you see it highlighted in red on the model itself...

thats it..have anymore questions email me

I assume texturing is the process of going to the materials window and making a texture and assigning that material to a group. Only one problem. When I select a group 2 differnet things happen. Either the whole object becomes covered with that material or the everything except for the object I selected becomes covered with the material. Oh and thanks for the tip on the start up bar thing.

Archived