Home

Can't build QVM WITH CORRECT BATCH FILES!!!

Project_Fusion

Hey,

I couldn't build qvms quite a while ago. I got the new batch files which work fine.

Now, I go to run the batch files and it goes through a series of bad command or file name. when 'finished' i see on the screen:

C:\Rich\code\game\vm>..\..\..\bin\lcc\ -A -DQ3_VM -DMISSIONPACK -S -Wf-target=bytecode -Wf-g -I..\..\cgame -I..\..\game -I..\..\ui ../w_saber.c

Bad command or file name

C:\Rich\code\game\vm>..\..\..\bin\lcc\ -A -DQ3_VM -DMISSIONPACK -S -Wf-target=bytecode -Wf-g -I..\..\cgame -I..\..\game -I..\..\ui ../w_saber.c

Bad command or file name

Bad command or file name

C:\Rich\code\game\vm>

C:\Rich\code\game\vm>..\..\..\bin\q3asm\ -f ../game

Bad command or file name

C:\Rich\code\game\vm>cd ..

C:\Rich\code\game>

whew that took a while, I hope you can figure the problem out.

I'm running windows me and have the new batch files.

try opening a command prompt and explicitly setting your path to the bin directory like so:

path=%PATH%;your.path.to/bin

change 'your.path.to' to the dos directory names that lead up to wherever you installed the tools to

then after setting the path like that, manually run the commands ie type in 'cgame.bat' and so on.

The errors you have look like you didn't install the new batch files correctly or your path isn't right cuz it can't find anything . . .

HTH

Archived