Home

DC JPB: HELP !! Plo on Final Battle & Other levels

Guest Ssekar1

Guest Ssekar1

Ok, I'm back with more questions :-) ...

One, How in all that is holy in this world, can I beat Maul with Plo Koon?? I start the level with 7, SEVEN stinking lives.. and I can't beat Maul the second time I encounter him (basically when I beat him the first time and he runs to the little room before the rings) No matter what I do, he WHALES on me.. ARRGHHHH !!! Help !!! I managed to beat the Final Battle with Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Mace, Adi and Ki-Adi .. but not PLO .. I figure I can do Panaka, Amidala and Maul 2.. though haven't tried.. Help me become one with the force and beat Maul.. instead of one with the force and disappearing :-) ..

Two, I beat the Gungan Round-up.. Another level in sheer cruelty.. What's the reward for beating that level?? I heard it is concept art but cannot find it in DC.

Three, I have read that they are more levels unlocked when u beat the game with Adi and Mace and Plo.. What's the level when u beat the game with Adi?? Can't find it..

O well, would appreciate any help here.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays !!!

Sarat..

Guest Darth Wart

as for the Plo vs. Maul, i called up a recent post on that subject.

I believe the concept art was only a possibility in PSX

and I don't think doing Adi (er, by which I mean completing the game with her) unlocks anything on DC, unlike PSX. Though I'm not sure: my memory of that game is already a little fuzzy.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Ssekar1

Thanks for the help, Darth Wart !!!

And I think Adi unlocked.. cos I got the Droidekas level.. Its when I choose Battle Droid. It is a level there.

Sarat..

• 2 weeks later...

Wart found a way to beat Maul with Plo, so it can be done, but it may drive you insane. As an easier way to do it, I may have a cheat for you (see my post from last month regarding starting a two-player game from one-player mode - I found it by accident). I will check it out tonight and post later on how to do it right. Basically, you would load a two-player game from your one-player saved game - a technique I stumbled upon. Then play through with Plo and another character who beats Maul easilty (e.g., Qui-Gon or Mace). Use Maul to pick up all the points, but move Qui-Gon through the game until you get to the first difficult jumping sequence with the laser things, then kill off Qui-Gon and use up your credits. Play Plo to get to the checkpoint at Maul in the final sequence. You MUST pick up the extra life on the ledge by the fans otherwise this will NOT work. Then, when Plo reaches Maul at the final sequence, you can get killed, the game will restart with both players in that room, then use Qui-Gon to finish off Maul and Plo will have most of the points, allowing him to max out the level despite never fighting Maul. You will sometimes be allowed to save the game as a one-player game despite having played two-player on that level. Other times I've had it save as a two-player game and it ruined my saved one-player game, so I had to start all over. Definitely DO NOT save as a two-player game if you use this technique.

I trust that even if you find a way to beat Maul with Plo, like Wart, you will fail when you play Maul on Maul, which is ridiculous. I haven't tried, but if the Master couldn't do it, I will not be able to (without cheating) either.

Archived