Home

Remove Jan’s goggles & brown vest?

Dark edge

Hey everyone! I just started making skins for JK2 yesterday, and it’s so fun! This it the first time I’ve ever done anything like this before, so I don’t really know all that much. I learned a bunch in the last day, but I’ve got a few questions though. How do I get rid of Jan’s goggles and brown vest? I want to be able to see just the shirt. I know it can be done, but I can’t seem to be able to figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to do it? Thanks a lot!! :)

-Dark edge

its in the .surf files, and you cant toggle the vest etc off if that model is used by the player

basically, in modview, with the straight jan skin, go to surfaces, and toggle on all those that are off (marked by /////), and toggle off certain ones, like thhe goggles, etc.

i dont know what im doing and i was able to figure it out, so it shouldnt be too hard :)

Man! Ok, I finally figured out how to open them up, and I got some of the models looking the way I want them to, but is there a way to save them so they look like that in the game?

Btw, I don’t have a clue on what I’m doing. :)

Thanks.

-Dark edge

Archived