Home

Question about Ruins

Markenobi

On the "Ruins" level, one you get the required 30,000 points, is it safe to just use (as Darth Wart calls it) "mad-dash" mode and cruise through the rest of the level? Specifically, can you just outrun the kreetles, or are they too fast?

------------------

obi2_sm.jpg

"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all this jumpin' around."

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:Mark-enobi's Site

Guest Darth Wart

I think the "mad-dash" works best on level 2, not level 7.

I would not reccommend running from the kreetles; it's not that they're faster than you (I believe they're the exact same speed), it's that they don't have a bunch of time-consuming obstacles and laser-fire to avoid when they're running, unlike you.

Additionally, when you try to "run" from the kreetles, more appear in the direction towards which you're running; therefore I question if you're really "escaping" anything. They're bound to catch up with you for one reason or another, and if, by the time they do, you've allowed them to grow into a giant crowd, you're going to have some serious problems getting your character free for even a nanosecond.

But to answer the other part of your question, there is nothing wrong with speeding through this mode once you've reach the points you need.

(One thing I find particularly helpful in this regard is simply jumping over the final rows of Gungan guards at the end right before the boss. Although your character will take some damage doing this, it'll typically be a lot less than if you fought the guards the old-fashioned way. This is almost a must for characters weak against the Gungan boss, such as Mace.)

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Darth Wart (edited January 12, 2001).]

Oh great. You're saying that I should stop and fight them when they appear? BTW, that bug where they don't damage your character hasn't happened to me so far.

And double-great, I'm playing with Mace right now (I'm going to beat the normal levels with him and then beat Level 14 so I can get the ultimate lightsaber: the way I figured it, Why should I make this game any harder than it has to be?).

------------------

obi2_sm.jpg

"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all this jumpin' around."

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:Mark-enobi's Site

Archived