Home

Rich or anyone plz help!

Darth_Kitty

Hi. I had time last night to play the game again. It was Carin Reactor I belive. Well besides the lamn battle I had with the Reborn on those One-Hit kill spin things (He fell off when he leaped for me! lol, oh boy thats the QIII engine AI we all love!) there was a mission were you had to sneak instead of fighting cause they would sound the alarm and then game over (I just guarded the panel and killed them all). Well anyways, since my mod is the MGS, I was wondering if anyone of you guys know how to make it so that if you get caught you lose. Can you help? Thanks.

set certain guys' (who can sound the alarm) anger_script's to a script that causes them to walk to in front of the alarm, and, when they get there, do an ICARUS run() command on a get-caught script. What they most likely did for the cairn level was run a simple cinematic (in a little room separated from the rest of the level), then, when the cinematic was over, do a:

Set(SET_MISSION_FAILED,whatever). I believe that SET_MISSION_FAILED has special values... meaning that you can choose from various mission failure reasons. Choose the captured one. Ask me about any questions you have about this method.

-Slunker

Archived