Home

State of the Game

Sithmaster_821

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

(i got him hooked on AoM but hes no where as persuasive as i am).

Ummm, no. I still think that game is a clickfest, and all I have seen so far is that it lags like hell even on my new computer and that the civs show the similar AoK trend of a few expert civs and a bunch of worthless n00b civs, and the civs being very strategy-specific. Hopefully they can do a better job balancing before the final release.

The actual gameplay reminds me of Populous: The Beginning, but with better graphics, and more lag. And less fun.

Don't criticise Scenario's or the EU dude, I have to agree some people bring out stupid ass scenario's but Senate games which have been thought through like mine to the last detail are good. But then theres the sad little wankers who steal your ideas and map and say its theres so you dont get the credit and your forgotton in a day or 2 - oh thats enough of my scenario life, now Capital Ships are a great idea!!! but not for this game :( .What I want to know is why do people want rodian civilizations an things, I want to see more species to but just stick em in the toybox and be done with it. As I've said before no one wants a buildable deathstar - ok you want realism do you??? ok thats fine go make a Star Wars movie. Realism is not needed for this game, although I would like to see all the civs be "upgraded" in there specific areas..

hmm.... did i make any sense - guess not

anyways laterz

ShadowJedi

simwiz, you exaggerate way too much. Not only is there no "expert" civ or "noob" civ, you call all rts's a clickfest. The gme is incredilbily balanced and as for the lag, well it is an alpha geared towards the highest end comps (that is what ensemble has). The final version will be much more compact and a lot less laggy. I agree the lag is horrendous (i couldnt reinforce my army during our major battle, but you have to admitt that was a very good use of god powers).

(1) simwiz, you exaggerate way too much. Not only is there no "expert" civ or "noob" civ, you call all rts's a clickfest. The gme is incredilbily balanced and as for the lag, (2) well it is an alpha geared towards the (3) highest end comps (that is what ensemble has). The final version will be much more compact and a lot less laggy. I agree the lag is horrendous (4) (i couldnt reinforce my army during our major battle, but you have to admitt that was a very good use of god powers).

1 - I don't call this game a clickfest, and RoN won't be a clickfest. But AoM is sort of a clickfest. Though it's not as bad as WC3.

2 - I know the alpha is a bit laggier. But that kind of horrendous lag makes me wonder how well the final game will run.

3 - In case you forgot I got a top-of-the-line computer a few weeks ago. If the alpha runs like crap on a 2.5 ghz, 1 GB RAM, (GeForce4 Ti-4600G video card) computer then what computer was it supposed to run on?

4 - Aww. Did your little army die because of the lag? I would have beaten you anyway.

First of all, the game only lags if one of the players has a crap computer or a crap connection... I hardly ever have lag filled games.

Second... Senate games are gay. Period. There is no point whatsoever. None. Don't even try to defend them. Some tools go out there and make 800 triggers so they can't lose. And don't say they don't, because they do. And don't say mine isn't like that, because it is. The point of the senate game is to disagree with one of the players, then you go wipe them out with your players with 30,000 HPs and attack power of 100. And don't say you don't, because that's the truth. Then you turn on the other guys when you're bored. Senate games are for people who can't win at RM.

And I'm curious to see what the hell a "Life in the city" game is... but not curious enough to ever play one. Have most of you ever lived or worked in the city? I doubt it. You have no idea what living in a city is like. Besides... isn't a role play game where you get a job called "The Sims????"

Hero and Jedi fests I sorta get... but are kinda not worth my time.

As far as the EU in games go? Hey, knock your socks off... but it isn't for me... or most other people.

pbguy, we werent talking about this game. I never lag on this game. Simwiz and I were discussing as much of the alpha as our NDA will allow (well, maybe we can say more, but if you want to know stats or Loki's bonuses, ill need a little bribing;)).

Also, i hate all scenerio games. Not only are they incredibly boring, they're always geared so that the host wins no matter what.

1. Of course RoN wont be a clickfest. How can a game that is supposed to last 5 hours be a clickfest?

2. Im currently listening to you giggle with glee as you describe our game.

3. Something a lot better (their part of microsoft remember).

4. Ditto, #2, but add "it was such a good battle we had"

1 - Now who's exaggerating? Maybe you should read a few RoN previews to glean some actual facts from them.

2 - Giggle? You mean how you giggle as you press buttons to make an irritating beeping noise on the phone? Btw, I don't "giggle", and I haven't giggled since I was like 3.

3 - Yeah but they ought to be able to get it to run on a few of the computers that the AoM customers will actually have. It plays like its minimum requirements have not even been invented yet.

Sith, this really needs to stop. I don't know why you have this inane fascination with saying something meant to make me look bad on every thread. Not only is it not working, but this is an online forum, not some grade school playground, you really don't need to try and make yourself seem better than anyone. We are anonymous, no one really gives half a rat's ass about who turtles and who giggles and who's better at AoK and crap like that. So have the "last word" in the argument (which I'm sure you'll take) and then stop with the petty insults.

1. I got that information from you. You said that there are two types of games, one lasts average an hour, which means it usually lasts 2. The other you said lasts 5 hours so you can effectively build up your pretty ice cream shops into ice cream making moguls and take over the world with ice cream and horses, which, by the way are a frickin resource!!!!!!:eek:

2. Nope it was a giggle.

3. Ensemble said 65% of their time was spent optimizing the game right now. The rest is bug huniting and fixing.

4. You started it this time Will. So dont give me any of this "making me look bad" crap.

Luke, Simwiz and I have had these kind of arguements since i knew him. I like one game (AoK, SWGB, AoM) and he lkes another (Civ2, Civ3, EE, RoN) and we get into a big arguement over which game is better. As you can see, since he is on this forum and making references to AoK and AoM and that i havent touched any of his games, i usually win.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

(1) Since when do you know each other?

(2) And besides, everybody has different tastes, likes different games so live with it...BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!

1 - Since more than 2 years.

2 - Hey, I don't want flame wars to get started, but when he says I GIGGLE, I will not just ignore it.

Actually the most insulting thing he said was that I like EE, which I don't, I would never like a game where the expert strat is to make a civ with villie speed/attack bonuses and use their starting villies to eliminate their opponent. Sith, please do not EVER associate me with such a horrible, evil game.

And Civ3 sucks. Period.

And I do like GB.

And I like to be open-minded about games, which is why I am willing to try new games, including those that you suggest. (such as AoM)

Simwiz, you WERE promoting EE before the game came out, same with Civ3. You WERE saying that Civ3 was better than SWGB, when i had SWGB and you Civ3.

You arent open minded. I remember a certain person declaring that AoM would suck because they took out stone :eek::rolleyes:. Now that person loves the game and its only in its alpha stage.

Civ3 sucks. Period.

Thats not what you said in the early days of AoM.

Archived