Home

Darth Maul's saber techniques.

Guest Darth Dred

Guest Darth Dred

Does anyone know how to perform the lightsaber moves Darth Maul uses in JPB in real life? I'm talking about the single bladed saber techniques.

Guest 84Elan

Its all in the wrists Its true. Try it with a toy lightsaber, broom handles are too small. Yes I know only kids play with toys but hey if its star Wars I will make an exception Esspiecally the light sabers man they did not have this stuff when I was a kid. If they did I tell you what I would not have worn HUSKY pants thats for sure. There also would not be a wall or lamp safe in my house either.

[This message has been edited by 84Elan (edited May 08, 2000).]

Guest ShadeShifter

A friend (who is really into martial arts) told me that Mace's moves look like a form of Kung-fu.

------------------

newsig.jpg

Guest Acid_Rain327

Yeah, I noticed a lot of Kung-Fu elements in Mace's style too.

Anyway, about being able to move with the saber being realistic, it's all about knowing whether or not the blade, when ignited, effects the weight and balance of the lightsaber as a whole.

Being pure energy, I imagine it effects the balance, but most likely not the weight of the weapon.

Anyway, Maul's style in JPB is all in the wrist - once you know how to twirl a sword, you can build from there. I'm pretty sure a lot of the game was motion captured, but that's just speculation based on how the models move.

Of course, if LA is too cheap to higher testers that aren't brain-dead, it's a safe bet that they animated the characters themselves...

the most difficult thing in Maul's style from teh movie is that his hands are so close together on his double bladed saber. It would seem difficult to move a staff in a stable and controlled motion with your hands so close together.

------------------

Kylilin, Jedi Master, and overall silly guy

Nice kylilin.jpg

Guest Acid_Rain327

Not really that difficult.

He uses it like a quarterstaff, so you just add blades to either end and the style remains basically the same - his hands are supposed to be there.

Guest Darth Dred

Ok. But lets remember that the techniques of the lightsaber are based on the techniques of actual sword fighting styles around the world. The saber appears to have the same balance that a regular sword would have. So based on those principles does anyone know how to perform Maul's single saber maneuvers?

Guest Darth Sidious

I've thought Maul's moves in the game are the same as Kenobi's?

------------------

darthsidious.jpg

Dark Lord of the Sith

"Wipe them out...All of them"

Guest Darth Dred

Maul's saber twirling combos are definitely moves that I fail to see how they can be accomplished.

Archived