Home

Wacky secret areas in JPB...

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

You'll need a GS with "infinite jumping" to follow me.

Go to the top left pilot on level nine. Outside of his room, move left. Continue double jumping along that wall (you will have to move towards the camera sometimes to avoid certain invisible barriers) until the wall ends, i.e. turns into blackness. Corner that blackness, coming back right, flying lower now, heading more or less away from the camera.

A secret area will open up below you, analagous to the very first room of level 10. There is a droid there, who, if killed, will immediately win you the level. There are also hordes of Naboo pilots and commander droids leaping to their death by threes. All of this takes place in a curious church-like room that definitely does not appear in ANY of the levels. There are also goodies floating in the blackness. It's like an LSD nightmare. Note that this version of the preliminary level 10 room seems to have been some sort of leftover prototype the programmers just left here.

Also on 9, if you jump jump jump right when the level begins, then head back away from the camera, the 6 pilot rooms can be seen in the distance. If you can manage to land on one, it's one heck of a shortcut.

Did you know on level ten that the final room in which you kill Maul is only about 30 feet away from the very beginning room, at the exact same altitude? To confirm this, when you get to the colored maze, void-hop over it, heading more or less to 10:00. In the distance you'll see the trademark Maltese crosses of the very first room. And you CAN land in that room, but you'll have to do the whole level over again.

I have yet to do the reverse: i.e. jump right over to the very last room from the very first room, but it's got to be possible.

You heard it here first.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Archived