Home

Bots and my skins

Johvian

Hi everybody!

Sorry if similar topics already exist, but it's a bit hard to find them with the search function disabled :(

Ok, I started to edit JK II last week so I'm a perfect newbie. :)

I made some new multiplayer skins based on the 'Reborn' model, then I decided to write the .jkb and .bot scripts to make my mods available as bots. Lastly I zipped everything in a beautiful .pk3, ran the game and... Yes, now my skins are selectable and can be used correctly by me and bots.

Problems come in Team FFA. It seems bots aren't able to handle my .skin scripts. In fact they have the original Reborn's look (team blue or red).

In other words they don't point to:

\model\players\reborn\model_blue_myskinname.skin
or
\model\players\reborn\model_red_myskinname.skin

but only to

\model\players\reborn\model_blue.skin
or
\model\players\reborn\model_red.skin

Is there a way to get my bots to work in Team FFA with correct skins?

Obviously, without altering 'model_blue.skin' and 'model_red.skin' in any way.

Thanks.

The .skin files must be titled as "model_red.skin" and "model_blue.skin" in order to get the team skins to work in game.

There's only one way to do what you want, and that would be to create new folders for your skins. If you copy the original reborn folder and then delete all the textures you don't need, rename the folder then alter all your text related files to reflect this change,... you should be able to create new skins with team support.

Thanks HapSlash!!!

Now bots in team work fine but my skin is no longer available in the 'Setup Options' menu.

I'm a bit in a puzzle about that...

When I made the skin I copied the whole 'reborn' dir from 'assets0' to 'MyMods' (the directory I'm currently using to work), then I added my new images and made my modifications in order to put everything in a .pk3 with the correct path.

As my skin was working fine, to achieve what you told me I simply renamed my modified 'reborn' dir and deleted the unneeded textures.

Now the dir contains:

animsounds.cfg
sounds.cfg
model.glm
model_default.skin
model_blue.skin
model_red.skin
icon_default.jpg
icon_blue.jpg
icon_red.jpg
... all necessary images - as requested by .SKINs

Considering that:

bots are using the skin correctly

the bot icon shows up on the HUD (i.e. in FFA)

why and why I can' t browse my skin to use it?

Have I missed any crucial files (or something like that)?

:) Sorry to bother with my questions :)

Thanks for the help!

I've never really had any problems with getting the character seletion icons to show up (excludining those instances where I forgot to make them,... :) )

I know some people have had problems with icons they've made themselves though,... If you're using your own icons try testing it with some of the original icons. If it works, just open up an original icon, paste yours on top of it, and try putting that into your pk3,...

Archived