Home

Editing type of saber for model or bot Jedi Plus 3.3?

lionknight

How to modify bot's sabers? Jedi plus 3.3

I tried to modify the bot's sabers by typing g_botdoublesaber 1, the variable is changing but the bots do not change there sabers. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

variable 0 = normal saber

1 = double saber

2 = two sabers

3 = two double sabers.

Or if anyone know how to modify the model for specific type of saber?

For Jedimod I know its as follows.

tck_doublesaber 1 //doublesaber value

hilt "desann" //hilt model 1

hilt2 "vader" //hilt model 2

I don't remember all the variables, but I do know that tck_doublesaber 0 = no dual blade, and 1 does. These things are edited in the *.bot file of the respective model.

As far as JediPlus cvars, I don't know.

Example:

Say the model file was Yoda.pk3. Open up this file in an unzip utility like Winzip. Then extract the file(I usually extract to my desktop). Look for the folder entitled scripts. Within that folder is the bot file your looking for. Open the file up using windows notepad, and enter the appropriate edits. After this, select all the folders that were extracted and right click on the mouse. Select add to zip archive(before you do this, Yoda.pk3 must not be on your desktop if it is delete it). Type in the filename Yoda.pk3, and return it to your gamedata/base folder.

:cool: Yea.. the trick is allowing th options to begin with...

I FINNALY figured out that I deede to crack open the autoexec.cfg to enable stuff. Dual blade works fine now... gotta find out how to enable x2 and extended sabers for bots though.

A Desann-sized Night Elf weilding 2 shadow blades would be enough to scare the crap out of anyone...

http://members.rogers.com/dragonremix/shot0006.jpg

These following lines need to be added to .bot files to enable them on a bot.

tck_extended "#"

0 = not extended

1 = extended

tck_doublesaber "#"

0 = single single blade saber

1 = single dual blade (sith) saber

2 = double single blade saber

3 = double dual blade (sith) saber

And before you ask

hilt "hiltname"

Right hand hilt

hilt2 "hiltname"

Left hand hilt

tck_saberred "#"

1-255 = Red color on bot saber

tck_saberblue "#"

1-255 = Blue color on bot saber

tck_sabergreen "#"

1-255 = Blue color on saber

Bots can't have 2 different saber colors like human players.

That's every single added bot line that jedimod v1.1 adds, no new ones were added in v1.2

I got both dual blades and double single blades to work with the bots but when I enter tck_doublesaber 3 in the shadowtropper for example I believe I get an extended saber instead of double dual sabers. Any one know what variable one has to enter? Or do you have to allow it on through another file or command? Thanks in advance.

:cool: Finally got the double/dual blades and hilts (or weapons in my case) working for bots so I'm happy. (Before your post but thanks anyways)

http://members.rogers.com/dragonremix/WarvsKat.jpg

Actually I haven't gotten Extended sabers to work at all in JediPLUS. This is what I have in my NPCS.CFG, am I missing anything for the Extended blade? It's not a big thing though.

seta tck_saber 1

seta tck_dualcolor 1

seta tck_red1 0

seta tck_green1 0

seta tck_blue1 255

seta mod_gib 1

seta mod_tckcolors 0

seta mod_dualsaber 1

seta mod_dualblade 2

seta mod_doublesaber 1

seta g_enabledoublesaber 1

seta g_enableextended 1

seta g_botdoublesaber 1

seta mod_blockThrow 1

seta mod_boxing 1

seta mod_pushall 1

seta mod_scaleDamage 0

seta mod_skillMode 1

seta bot_honorableduelacceptance 1

seta g_allowForceDuel 0

seta g_allowThrowDuel 1

seta mod_scalemodels 1

seta mod_allstances 1

seta mod_nerfdualblade 0

seta mod_scaledamage 0

seta mod_emotes 2

seta mod_controldamage 0

:cool: Thanks for the tip.

It's basicaly a reskined version of Sephiroth_VII's axe which I've 'made' mod-compatible (how hard it it to make a new directory..). My MOD should be out this week, the weapons will be in a seperate .PK3 file for ease of use (although you'll have to deal with the saber-glow problem yourself).

:cool: Well Seph_7 was smart enough to make the skin of each wepon he made in his pack a different JEPEG, so I can have all of his weapons up with the skins kept in the /sabers directory.

I wish I knew how to change the skin in a model so I can re-use it, ie so I can have both the Purpleheart Bokken and Silver Katana in the Remix. If anyone wants to do that let me know, all I'd need is the .mdl file to be linked from katana.tga to katana0.tga or whatever. Ever time I try that with Notepad I get weird error messages. I haven't been able to find Ages120, the original modeller, to nag him about it.

Archived