Home

1st map need help!=)

«¦gøt ƒørçë?¦»

I just started mapping and i have a lot of questions,1st i started my map i drew a GIANT box as a brush then all the thing for the 1st room,after in my GIANT box i puted 2 brush one for trigger_hurt and another so i couldnt go trought the map.Then i puted another brush for the terrain i saved it then i puted it into bsp tried it then when i was on my map my terrain was like ice,whenever i moved i slided the way i was going ??? .

Also i need to know for the light,Hubris told something about fxFile where is it?

Heres what you said.

Right click and insert an fx_runner, under fxfile insert env/electricity, other effects are available as well. The default for all effects seems to be pointed straight up, so you need to target it. Right click again on the XY view and select a target_position, name it via the targetname key/value combo (such as targetname elecaim1), and then point your fx_runner towards the target position (target elecaim1.)

For the fx_runner i did it already but wheres under fxFile???

And env/electricity ??? i need some pictures or something i dont understand.

I hope someone can answer all my questions!

Thanks.

Im thinking you used system/slick as a surface texture...press ctrl+shift+click on the surface that is "icy" and see what texture you have. You probably selected that texture by mistake--try using a different one--and not in the "system" folder--they contain lots of advanced doohickeys and whachamacallits

Archived