Home

Milkshape/Md3 prob.(i already checked the Q's thread)

Qroppoop

I looked at every Milkshape tutorial thing on the Stuck:got a question etc. thread. I could not find an answer.

I made and skined my model in Milkshape v.1.6.3, I make the Q3 control file, Export to MD3, but when i open it in the Jedi Outcast tools-MD3viewer, i get this message

Debug

texture "models/players/model/skin.tga not found"

I have the .skin file that I made in notepad in the same folder with it, along with the .tga format pics of all the parts skins. But I dont know what im suppose to do. When the md3 loads, its an unskinned version of my model.

And when I import the md3 back into milkshape, all the materials are gone and replaced with a skin.tga material that just shows my model the same as if I was viewing it as Smoth Shaded, even when I set the view to Textured.

Please if you can venture any quesses as to what is wrong please let me know.

ok lets make sure you got the basics done.

you should have a folder in your primary drive called c:/base/models/weapons2/saber

and md3view should be located in the base folder, and your .md3, .skin and .tga/.jpg should be in the saber folder.

when you export to .md3 the file should be called saber_w, and the .tga/.jpg should be called saber

and the skin file should look like this:

w_saber,models/weapons2/saber/saber.tga or .jpg

there should have been an answer in my thread for this...

Make a couple of folders in your model's folder. Create a models folder and then inside that put a Weapons2 folder. Inside that one put a Saber folder and then inside that one put a copy of your texture. That should fix it.

Archived