Home

Skipping Dialog

John O

I'm on the second CD (Jambalaya Island) and every conversation on Planet Threepwood is messed up. It seems like large chunks of dialog are skipped...I'll ask a question, the repsonse is usually something completely different, then the choices for Guybrush's responses seem to have nothing to do with what I asked about.

I can only attribute it to the fact that I've skipped some dialog. I HAVE downloaded the patch.

Anyone seen this problem and/or solved it?

Thanks all.

John O

hmm, now here's a new one (as apose to the "whats the deal with herman, i've hit him with everything i've got and he still says nothing!)

i don't know too much on the subject, now it shouldn't be the text speed (just quickly, what do you have it set on, voice, text or voice and text, perhaps try changing it to one of the ones you dont have it on and see if that works.) other than that, i am only guessing at a problem with the CD, or your computers too slow. how many times has this happened? it could be your computers too slow. here's something you should try, the very main screen for EFMI (when you double click on the icon or whatever and it says "Play Monkey 4" "Help" "Options" "Exit" and click on options. please remember, i'm not talking about the ingame menu, i'm talking about the one where you can still see your desktop. click on "help" and then on "analyze my computer" this will run a short test to see if your computer can play MI4 (if you've gotten this far then you should be able to, but who knows) also try the DirectX Diagnostics and see if that help. if none of this help, Grannen should be along soon with a lot more help (as he knows more about this than i do)

hmm, i figured as much, check for dust and scratches and if all else fails, complain to someone (either the people you bought it off, or LEC itself might be able to help.) otherwise, wait for grannen to answer, he may be able to help, or he may tell you the exact same thing, i don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived