Home

cutscene editing

SuckyModderDave

check in your maps directory, some of the maps from the game are in there, otherwise you would have to decompile the bsp in the assets files and that process won't preserve textures or entities. i don't know what the link is for the decompiler

EDITED:

FORGET this post. This is indeed FALSE information. There's an other thread that explains everything. Hmm. I did something wrong with my experiments.

Hey, idontlikegeorge, are you sure the scrolling text is made with a shader? I have located a .tga that do indeed have the text of the scrolling story as an alpha channel (this otherwise totally empty picture wasn't among the textures, but somewhere else, I don't right now remember where).

This question is problematic at best, because when you give a glance at the Kejim_post level and scripts that go along, you'll see that it plays two ROQs in the beginning. As far as I can assume the first is the scrolling text and the second is Raven's Claw going into orbit. Still, I might be wrong - wouldn't be the first time.

Ah, yes, before I forget. I deleted some parts of the alpha channel of the targa I found, and, as a test, replaced the original with this mutilated. The scrolling came out in original shape and untouched.

if you look in the scripts\cinematics\ folder in your base , you'll notice that some of those ibi files have got the _skip name attached to them, if there's a _skip version for the valley ibi it's as simple as extracting and renaming (without the _skip) to avoid the valley scene. If that'snot enough, you could take a look at the sp scripts that come with the SDK. Open those in behaved and edit the script of the cinematic before the valley cinematic to go to a the next cinematic, it should work...

(this I still heve to test)

you could possibly edit the startup scripts to end a level immediately after startup (but level goals?) and you could possibly edit the startup scripts of each level to change the weapons (and linked behavoir) for the npcs. If you're unsure about the startup scipts names, it's usually the ones where kyle get his weapons/force powers assigned (some of the scripts are named the same, some differently). I think there's a mod out where Jan's changed to a jedi, you'll find the names of the startup scripts in there, since the author probably assigned the WP_SABER to jan with each startup.

Good Luck!

I think you've 'unlocked' most SP 'secrets' by now, but I ain't telling anyone how to 'simulate' jetpack exhaust in SP :D

Archived