Home

Bot AI with completed models

blah2k

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here or not, my apologies if not. Anyway, I have tried to edit the .jkb files of models such as the Tyranus/Dooku and Maul models, but for some reason it causes the bot not to show up when I load JK2. I am assuming this is due to the change in file size so I was wondering if there were something I could do.

Maybe I am in the minority, but my goal is to make the bot's AI reflect more the behavior of the character than that of a regular player. I really enjoyed the fact the bot AI's Jango and Boba were gunners only. For some reason the Dooku model is a light force user and I wanted to change his AI to that of a dark side who uses mostly lightning.

While I am on the subject of editing bots, I noticed that if I changed the botfile in Jedimod nothing changes, I tried to give different hilts to different characters and change saber colors, but it seems to be the change in file size affecting things, such as give Maul is hilt and a double sided saber. I made a separate .pk3 that let's Maul have the double sided saber, but it keep Tavion and Dessan from using two sabers and the double sided saber respectively. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea of what course of action to take.

Any help in answering my questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Archived