Home

Question thread

Sithmaster_821

If your being trooper rushed and you use all of your resources that you're not gathering to replace to go to tech3 and then have to build at least 2 mechs, then you'll be far behind economically. And what if the person has a grenadier in their initial rush (i usually do if i hit later in t2 because they outrange turrets and defend against mechs). Then you're with out resources and without an army and have the enemy in your base.

Two turrets side by side near your carbon is the best way to stop any land rush and help protect against an air rush. Then use your troop center to create the units that counter the army the opposing person has (trooper vs trooper rush, mounties vs turret rush/forward base, grenadiers vs strike rush, aa trooper vs air rush).

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pbguy1211

see, the t3 rush is good because if done right you can get to t3 as you're being trooper rushed. and while you may lose a worker or 2, the mechs can then EASILY wipe out the troopers and go do some damage to the opposing workers.

i usually have a turret up near my carbon workers though

Trooper rushing in 1vs1 in an evenly balanced match will win every time. Say you will 16 min t3 with 28 workers + 2 turrets, war centre and mech factory . I will 11 min t2 with 24 workers + 2 TC's and PC. 6 troopers in your base at 13 mins disrupt your workers building turrets + t2 buildings. My troopers die so do a few of your workers. Im still making workers & we have an equalish amount now. Next wave of troopers go to nova. Kill them before you've got 200 nova. Now you're gonna have to get a spaceport and trade for nova by the 14th min you're screwed. I have more workers, bigger army. Im putting workers onto nova and still making troopers, putting up a new TC. After this theres no way you're gonna T3 before 18 mins. But im still attacking and harassing workers. You're probally gonna 22 min t3 with about 20 workers and had to sell carbon for nova. Maybe at most you can build 2 Strikers. By i will have either T3'd or i'll have around 30 troopers. 30 troopers against 2 strike mechs now contest. I have the clear upper hand in econ & army. You're t3 but you've spent your ore and carbon so you can't get any extra CC's up. I've got a 40 + worker econ and 20+ trooper army.

T2 attacking beats fast 3 with evenly matched players. There are rare occasions where you might be lucky and defend a rush and fast t3.

In nearly all RTS games first attacker is the winner. Being Agressive> waiting 2 attack.

no one rushes with grenaders

I do, especially if my enemy is from a mech strong civ. Usually its only one, but one usually makes the difference. Also, grenadiers can outrange turrets and cc in t2, which helps alot. Ewok is right. he attacker definately has an advantage (althoug i wouldnt go so far as to say if you rush you win)

About 5 months ago, on this board, there was a heated discussion over whether republic overshadows the rebels. Since then, the patch has come out and people have had time to really play the expansion. My question is how do you feel now, post patch, about whether the republic is overshadowing the rebels, and who is the better of the two? In early game? In late game? Economy-wise? Militarily?

I usually defend in T2 with approx. 4 Turrets and troops waqiting for the T2 Rush - i then destroy his Rush and counter Rush in early T3. Defending properly against a Rush can be an advantage if you are planning on a counter-rush. The player who attacks first doesn't necessarily have the advantage - if you allow the rusher to waste resources / troops on your strong defense - then use this against him by counter-attack while his resources / troops are low - he will loose.

I use this same strategy in Chess and i don't lose very often...

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

About 5 months ago, on this board, there was a heated discussion over whether republic overshadows the rebels. Since then, the patch has come out and people have had time to really play the expansion. My question is how do you feel now, post patch, about whether the republic is overshadowing the rebels, and who is the better of the two? In early game? In late game? Economy-wise? Militarily?

I never played the expansion without the patch - so i wouldn't know the difference (that is how long it took to come out in S.A.!)

Here are my thoughts anyway:

Rebel Alliance and Republic are very similar in their strenghths and weeknesses - they are the toughest opponent i have played against on the AI (using TF), especially if i play against both of them. Their supriority in the AIR is an advantage and unless i stock up on Anti-Air units i usually loose. Their Jedi are also strong, so you need more bounties than against other opponents.

I think Rebel Alliance has a slight advantage over Republic with their wider range of aircraft, but if i were to choose which civ i would be, it would be Republic. I just find the Mechs of the Rebel Alliance boring - and i prefer strong ground assualt, rather than Air (hence the reason i use TF mostly).

I also think Republic get a serious Nova bonus after picking up a holocron if i remember correctly...

What are your thoughts? - as i said i don't really use Rebel Alliance or Republic much - i usually just play against them...

In early games Rebels get the farm bonus against Republic 6 pop per house. Rebels obviously are strongest.

In T3 the differences are with UU's and republic get a small jedi temple reduction. Republic's UU is too expensive to use in any sort of rush. Rebels UU can be used quite effectivley with Strike Mechs.

In T4...

Troopers : Rebels have extra HP - Republic build slightly faster and have better medics. Rebels beat Republic easy.

Planes : Republic have a slight advantage with fast air cruisers. That's the only difference. Rebels have A Wings leading to new strategys. Rebels win.

Mechs: Republic's are just better. HVY Strike mech over HVY assult mech.

UU's & UT's: Republic probally have better PT-4 UU. The UT's are preety even.

Hvy Weapons: Both poor.

Jedi's: republic slight advantage.

Conclusion: In t4 & t3 very even, Republic get a slight advantage because of Hvy Strike mechs. But T1 & T2 Rebels are better. 99% of games have a T1 and T2 about 70% of SWGB games have a T4. Rebels are probally a little better.

Intresting, it seems like the rebels post patch have grown in popularity. In the aforementioned thread, i was the only supporter of the rebels. I find the republic more diversified than the rebels, but the rebels excel in economy and in their respective niches more than the republic. Wonder where the pro-republic people went?:)

IMO the republic are a good civ because they aren't really bad at anything except heavy weapons; no matter what strategies are used against you reps usually have a good way to counter them. They are good in the early game and in the late game, good air, good jedi, good troops, decent mechs, and if a n00b opponent turtles and somehow gets to T4, they have heavy weapon engineers to beat the turtle.

Although the republic does have a broader scope than the rebs, the best all around civ is definately the empire. Very good mechs, decent troops, decent heavies, decent Sith, weak but cheaper air, good UU, decent econ. And the republic doesnt have decent mechs. They are only an inch ahead of the rebs.

I still think TF is the best civ - mainly due to NOT having to build Prefabs! Although their Air and Jedi are week, their ground forces are the strongest - best Hvy Weapons and Mechs by far!

The other thing that keeps me playing TF is their UU - There is nothing quite like a couple of Destroyer Droids "rolling" into the battle to create havoc amoung the enemy!

Originally posted by MadrixTF

I still think TF is the best civ - mainly due to NOT having to build Prefabs! Although their Air and Jedi are week, their ground forces are the strongest - best Hvy Weapons and Mechs by far!

The other thing that keeps me playing TF is their UU - There is nothing quite like a couple of Destroyer Droids "rolling" into the battle to create havoc amoung the enemy!

I think Empire has the best mechs and gungans have the best heavies.

Archived